giffgaff Labs - visit the new Ideas platform

Looking for something?
New Message

Re: Carry over remaining minutes

by zborgy on ‎18-07-2014 15:43

Obviously been discussed elewhere! but what abt doing what "Tesco's" do where your remaining minutes get carried over to the next few months! Imagine the customers GiffGaff would get from this feature!

Just a

So, those members who are active in the help forum on the full site may well have seen this image on the right hand side of the page:

Its not doing enough!!!

The demise of 2020 was announced in this thread on the 15/4/14 ... but still members are helping out in the forum saying text 2020, over a week after the death of 2020, helpers should not be giving out dated information.

So what can we do to help stop wrong information being given to people who come looking for help?

• put an announcement banner on the top of the forum on the mobile site, this was done for Earth Hour and often done to promote the ideas forum ... SO utilise the methods available to promote the fact 2020 is no longer the answer!
  • send EVERYONE a PM if logistically possible, and if not PM all members who have taken the bronze quizzes. 
  • make the current Announcement banner appear more often, across the whole site!

We shouldn't be seeing members giving out wrong and out dated information to members who need help!

So please show your support and lets get "The demise of 2020" visible

As always feedback is appreciated and please Kudos if you wish to support the idea

Thanks for reading

Alice Powell

24th May 2014: Hey folks, again on this - we'd already implemented the Idea before it was posted so I'm moving this to our Vault.

Mixed 50 Sim Boxes

by hcovell ‎19-01-2014 23:06 - edited ‎20-01-2014 18:17

Good evening everyone, hope you are all well. My idea is about the 50 sims in a box.

At the moment, when you order a box of 50 sims from giffgaff you either choose nano or dual sims for all 50 sims however I find this can be rather impractical when I use a mixture of both each month.

My limit is 80 so I cannot order 1 box of each so therefore must order one box of sims and then stock up on the other type by ordering lots of sims in batches of three which is rather time consuming!

I imagine this is a problem for many recruiters especially if your limit is only 50 as then you cannot get any of the other type.

As a solution, giffgaff could offer half half boxes with both types of sim card in or even a system whereby you could choose how many of each type you would like?

What do you all think?

EDIT: Very good point by @solid247, this idea will also save postage money for giffgaff, as they could send out the mixed boxes instead of having to send out one 50sim box and many batches of 3.

23rd May 2015 - Hi folks, I'm moving this to the Vault, because since the introduction of a giffgaff Trio Sim, you guys won't need mixed Sim boxes anymore - hopefully this makes it alot easier for you great MGM'ers Smiley Happy

Right now, call diverting only works with UK numbers. It would be great if GG allowed us to set up call diverting to any number. This would be very usefull especially while one is abroad for a "long" time. Let's imagine you are going to be in France for two months... As everybody knows, roaming charges are pretty high, so you get a "local" payg sim card with a good data allowance for your smartphone. What do you do with your gg sim card? Three options:

1) Leave it at home.

2) Put it on a spare phone and carry two phones with you.

3) Divert all calls to your local french number.

In my opinion,  option 1 is really bad, you will miss all your calls. Option 2 is a pretty uncomfortable. Option 3 is perfect, only one phone to carry and worry about, everyone in UK can reach me without having to know my french number and it's even cheaper than roaming (5p/min vs of 7p/min).

7th May 2014: This Idea is entering the Vault. This means at the time of posting it wasn't what our Community wanted, however we'd love for you to re-post it as circumstances change and most Ideas are before their time. Thanks for keeping us run by you.

It would be good to be able to see your the usage statistics from itemised calls, texts and data for past months.

If you can display a usage graph too then seeing both the stats and graph would make it easier to decide whether to change goody bags to save money.

More Minutes On £12 Goodybag

by lifeishard2014 on ‎02-08-2014 08:53
Just a quick idea I don't know if it's been suggested before and if it has I do apologise but I couldn't find it well here is my proposal

£12 Goodybag 350 Minutes Unlimited Texts And Unlimited Data On 3g

I've seen other deals with other networks that are similar so just thought that this would b a good idea
Quick and short Smiley Wink

own goodybag

by mizan337 on ‎05-07-2014 16:27
It will be great if we can chose how many mins text and internet we want and the price is fixed by giffgaff. So if someone prefers more mins and less text and internet then they chose that if someone wants less mins more internet then they can do that aswell.
Who agress with me
This will be really great if we can chose our own goodybag

Simcard delivery TIME

by mizan337 on ‎13-07-2014 00:38
A giffgaff sim takes at least 4-7working days to come and its tooo long. How about giffgaff offers a faster delivery. At the moment the 2nd class posting takes more than 4days but if they improve that to maybe 2 days and maximum 3days then it will be really good.

Please Sell the Moto G

by kvncltn on ‎12-03-2014 12:03

I recently purchased the Moto G 16Gb for myself and would of liked to have used giffgaff's store to buy it rather than getting it from elsewhere.

I've searched and found this idea:

I've supported it but I fear it is too old to get enough support to be taken to an ideas meeting. That is why I started this idea because I hoped a new idea would spark enough interest to either have this idea go to the idea's meeting or get enough people redirected to the old idea for it to get enough kudos to be looked at again.

The Moto G is one of the best budget phones available and considering giffgaff is one of the best networks for value for money I would expect that selling the the best low end and mid range phones would be where giffgaff would do best. It is almost 4 months since the Moto G launched so we are late but it is better to be late than to miss out completely. I suspect that there are still loads of people looking to move from a feature phone to a cheap smart phone that currently use giffgaff and would benefit from having the Moto G offered through their networks site store.

7th May 2014: This Idea is entering the Vault. This means at the time of posting it wasn't what our Community wanted, however we'd love for you to re-post it as circumstances change and most Ideas are before their time. Thanks for keeping us run by you.

by hafizahbegum on ‎30-07-2014 21:55

I think giffgaff should create goodybags just for unlimited things for example

a goodybag just for unlimited texts.. for those who text but do not do any thing else, like me (I miss the £5 goodybag as that was unlimited texts which is only what i use)

similarly a goodgy bag just for unlimited calls and unlimited data.

In addition to this they could introduce a way to combine which ever two or three goodybags so you can mix and match your self.

Being able to FREEZE airtime credit

by member444 on ‎26-07-2014 14:16

Being able to FREEZE airtime credit

Really convenient because saving up airtime credit to purchase next goodybag sometimes (for me, ALL the time) proves difficult after your goodybag expires (and it is not on the recurring option through bank account) and you accidentally use it up by making calls, texting or using mobile data. Also 

1. People who want to use £5, £7.50 or £12 goodybag need to buy £10 or £15 voucher. Usually from this you may want to save up that airtime credit in order to use it to pay for the next goodybag purchase. This is especially useful to the younger (or any!) GiffGaff members since their parents may not give them extra money for top-up if the extra money from their airtime credit is used up by accident.
  2. Stops people from using up their emergency or saved up airtime credit accidentally right after their goodybag expires (because I'm sure this happens a lot)
  3. This option would give many GiffGaff members (especially the younger ones!) more choice, flexibility and freedom so that they can get the best out of GiffGaff

Just have a 'FREEZE airtime credit' tick box option on the My GiffGaff page (which can be unticked anytime!).

THANK YOU! Smiley Happy

So, the title says it all really,

giffgaff already have members addresses and therefore our postcodes.

Scan for 4G availability and when a new postcode receives 4G, email members in that postcode to let them know they can now receive 4G (Phone and sim card allowing).

If scanning postcodes is too difficult to implement, then at the very least inform people when 4G arrives in their area.

Hopefully this will ensure the earliest uptake of 4G possible.

Thanks Smiley Happy 

Misleading goodybag Statement

by jaymailsays on ‎11-07-2014 07:20 page is potentially misleading and does not comply with the ASA or OFT guidelines. All the goodybags falsly claim that upon purchase you will receive 3 months free gg2gg calls. The truth is a bit harsher. You will only receive those free calls providing you have or are about to top up using, card/cash/voucher. If you use Existing Airtime Credit to make a goodybag purchase and have not topped up or received payback in the last 3 months then sadly your free gg calls suspended whether or not you have an activated goodybag.
Simple Remedy is to remove the last line of text which falsly claims you will receive free gg2gg calls completely. Or (not ideal) insert the advice:- T&C apply.
I really love giffgaff and I do not wish to see it fall foul of the Authorities and being sanctioned for an unintentional advertisement wording, which unfortunately does not say what says on the bag.

Here's my idea for those of us weith a second device which is mainly used on WiFi but gets occasional regular mobile use. How about adding a £2.50 Gigabag with 200MB data and then 2p per MB after that. At this price point I would be tempted to add sim cards to some of teh low mobile use devices in my household bring more revenue to GiffGaff that presently is being missed out on!

Moto G 8gb

by mobilemonkey on ‎23-11-2013 13:47
Just a thought - tesco (O2) are offering the Moto G phone 8GB at £99 which is currently sold out. Giffgaff should be offering something similar. This is an important phone launch and an opportunity to really sell the brand.
This Idea is entering the Vault. This means at the time of posting it didn't reach enough support from our members, however we encourage you to re-post this Idea as reassessing demand is healthy - times and technology change and you never know. Thanks for keeping us run by you.

Offer the Moto G phone

by ighaig on ‎05-08-2014 20:30

Best value for money smartphone on the market at the moment IMHO, sold by O2 why not GiffGaff?

Ian Haig

name the goody bags

by lawarcbur79 on ‎30-07-2014 12:44

why not name the goodybags, heres my idea for names:

£5  hockey cockey (thats what it is called anyway)

£7.50 tango

£10 bhangra

£12 calypso

£15 disco

£20 salsa

all the above is names of dances so there is a link to why there called that, just think it could add a bit of fun and might be easier for some to have a name for there goodybag other than the price because it stands out a bit.

also to buy goodybags with your airtime credit texting the name of the goodybag you want then it's deducted from your airtime credit, this could also simplyfy things, cause it can be a bit of a hassle buying a goodybag with certain phones in certain places.

I think the title says it all

This Idea is entering the Vault. This means at the time of posting it wasn't what our Community wanted, however we'd love for you to re-post it as circumstances change and most Ideas are before their time. Thanks for keeping us run by you.
When i was on contact i use to get my mins and texts the ones that i didnt use put on to my next month it would be good if yous can fo that cause most of the time i hardly use them
This Idea is entering the Vault. This means at the time of posting it wasn't what our Community wanted, however we'd love for you to re-post it as circumstances change and most Ideas are before their time. Thanks for keeping us run by you.

username swap

by kathleen414 ‎19-05-2014 22:16 - edited ‎19-05-2014 22:27

Hi everyone yes it the crazy kath with another idea

Username swap ..
I understand from what I have read its because the name is linked to our accounts and payback etc..
And yes it does say it cant be changed when setting up the account but I like others just fill it in and and then its too late.

So maybe you could have a say 15 mins or something to change your username before your accounts got running

Or we have akin to sim swap
username swap
This would be allowed once in your accounts lifetime

Its seems crazy the only way is to start another account ..unless we can start a new account with a new name and all previous account is tied to the new name like when you change your number

Please post your thoughts for or against all welcomed

posted in contribute first

Deal Statuses
Top Kudoed Authors