giffgaff Labs - visit the new Ideas platform

Looking for something?
New Message
1 June 2015 sees the launch of a radically revised Payback system which it is hoped will vastly improve the quality and caliber of the answers on the, 'Help & Support' platform.

It is sincerely felt that by rewarding knowledgeable members with the new enhanced graduated payback scheme which will see payments of up to £85 (+£15 regular) a month given to high quality answers posted by boni-fidi members.

One of the main criteria for achieving enhanced payback under the new system is getting the OP to set a Best Answer (BA) for the question they posted. The more BA's the more payback earnt.

The puzzle that exists is that for some reason a lot of OP 's fail on a number of occasions to set BA despite reminders. Educators do their best to rectify this by reviewing answers on threads and in default setting BA's which in their opinion reach the required standard of quality. This is all time and energy intensive and not ideal.

How do we encourage say newcomers, for example, to routinely set a BA, so it is second nature to them?

My solution is this, once the the OP sets a BA to their question the OP will automatically receive a higher ranking along side their giffgaff username. There would be a cap on how many improved ranks in a month, any OP would
be allowed to gain, perhaps five ranks at most. This idea would not cost giffgaff a penny it would merely be a fast-track to improving your rank, at the same time rewarding the BA who would benefit by potentially receiving extra payback and freeing up Educator's time,, for their
other roles including their encouragement of newcomers to join in and contribute to the community.

Pick and Mix Goodybags

by james2mid on ‎09-01-2015 22:47
I think it would be a really good idea for Giffgaff to do a sort of pick and mix Goodybags so you can pick how many minutes, texts, and Internet you need each month.

So for example, I'm on the £15 4G Goodybag which gives me 3GB of 4G data, which is really nice; the only problem with this is that i have 500 minutes and unlimited texts which I never use. In a month, I'll use at most 50 minutes and around 200 texts (I iMessage mostly) which means that quite a lot of that £15 is wasted. As you can probably guess, this Goodybags for me is only because of the large amount of fast internet it allows for.

Obviously it's okay for Giffgaff because they get more money, but it the sake of their customers, implementing something like this would be fantastic and perhaps being in a load of new customers.

As mark of respect for all the people who gave there lives from countries all over the world be different race colour or creed or what everside they fought on  The eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month the forum should fall silent as when we have lithium mantainence page we should have message saying giffgaff are marking this moment for people to remember and reflect on the futility of wars

Click here to go to the British legion website

The eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month

marks the signing of the Armistice, on 11th November 1918, to signal the end of World War One. At 11 am on 11 November 1918 the guns of the Western Front fell silent after more than four years continuous warfare.

What is Remembrance Day? Remembrance Day is on 11 November. It is a special day set aside to remember all those men and women who were killed during the two World Wars and other conflicts. At one time the day was known as Armistice Day and was renamed Remembrance Day after the Second World War.

Extra March payback should be available to all members

by bluemoonbaz ‎02-03-2015 13:55 - edited ‎17-03-2015 10:11

Giffgaff have come with another great promotional idea to get more members and I commend giffgaff for this as we all want a bigger better giffgaff.

But I don't agree with only a selected group of members getting the chance to earn this bonus.

I have always been against schemes that only offer partial community inclusion including the sims exclusion club and I just think we should be including everyone 

a time when giffgaff have removed the excellent unlimited data offers and the continued problems with data speeeds and traffic management I would be giving this offer to all the members to generate as many members as possible .

Saying it's not affordable is a poor excuse when the members who received this offer can bring as members as they like so it's not limited to save £££.and the Sr deal So no reason not to offer it to all the members

We are a community and as such should not be giving some members this opportunity and not others

If you agree please indicate by kudos of this idea 

Here the promotion

March Double Payback offer - connect your friends

handy giff-staffer

Feb 27

Exclusive offer: Earn double payback for connecting your friends during March

If you’ve been included in this offer – you’ll get £10 Payback for every friend you bring on board to giffgaff during the month of March 2015.

We'll be contacting members Sunday/Monday - you'll be included in this offer if you have recevied an email/ text or message in yourMessages in My giffgaff (emails sending Sunday/Monday - newsfeed/message in My giffgaff on Monday).

giffgaff rewards members for helping grow giffgaff, by connecting their friends and family. In return for connecting a friend - giffgaff gives members £5 Payback and the friend gets £5 credit when they join.

During the month of March, as a special treat - you'll get the regular £5 Payback plus a bonus £5 Payback = £10 Payback for every friend you bring on in March.

Ability to cancel goodybags

by littlemisszoe on ‎19-02-2015 15:41

I've noticed a few people posting about buying the wrong goodybag/gigabag recently and giffgaff won't refund them.

I think that giffgaff should offer a refund if the goodybag/gigabag has not been used, and is less than 24 hours old.

So, if someone accidently purchased the wrong one, they can email an agent straight away and receive a refund if they haven't used the goodybag. 

Keep the 4g offer bag

by kathleen414 ‎20-12-2014 21:27 - edited ‎20-12-2014 22:00

From the 13th of January 2015, it will not be possible to purchase, queue or recur a 4G offer goodybag.

If you wish to keep using a 4G goodybag with the same allowance, you'll be able to purchase it at the normal, non-discounted, price.

If you are recurring a 4G offer goodybag come the 12th of January 2015, you will keep on recurring this 4G goodybag, but it will be charged at the normal, non-discounted price for any recurrence from the 13th of January 2015 onward.

I think it would a great idea to extend the offer bag to a permanent deal 

It's a fair price and more and more people are getting 4g phones 

It's also a way to keep people on a reasonably priced capped instead of the unlimited deals

As it's a good offer price with a good data  allowance 

If you agree please give support with a kudos

I've just joined Giffgaff.

I have absolutely no signal when at home. We live in a fairly narrow valley and so expected this - none of the networks have a signal here. If we go up either side of the valley by a few hundred metres we get a signal.

On our EE account we have a "signal box" which provides us with a local 3G signal via our broadband.

Has giffgaff negotiated anything similar yet? I know O2 have a similar device - their "boost box".

Giffgaff seen to be lagging behind with this now as this technology (femtocell) is now widely used by EE, O2 and Vodafone for their domestic (not just business) customers.

I'm sure many giffgaff customers would benefit and would be prepared to purchase such a device if it were available.

Thanks for reading!

Data rollover

by tomhaigh93 on ‎10-05-2015 11:49
If you have unused data from one month, it rolls
Over to the next month and adds to your new data for that month. After that month it expires and the excess data from that month rolls over.

Data free goodybag

by claw on ‎07-03-2015 00:10

Right this isnt to ruffle anyones feathers. However it's fair to say that people are having a less than great experience when it comes to their data experience.

Currently we're paying for allowances that include data. And sure, many of us (including myself) pay for this accepting that its how it works, packages. Its an industry standard.

I propose the offer of data free goodybags. An example would be as follows:

£10 Goodybag

500 mins, Unltd texts, 1GB Data

750/1000 mins, Unltd texts and NO DATA.

What would this achieve?

1. Non data users would finally have the option to avoid the data charge. Many are heavier minutes users so they'd benefit from this change (and it would probably be cheaper to provide.)

2. Data users currently affected by poor service could opt for this as they are not getting a service they want anyway, or even a usable service in many cases.

3. giffgaffs data service would get some relief, less data use means less congestion. Better service for data users.

This could certainly be a temporary solution to the current problem while long term solutions are found.

Please don't simply say "it's been suggested before" theres never been a better reason to do this, it has the potential to benefit most if not all members, and giffgaff itself.

Sim Packaging / advertising

by talisker35 ‎26-02-2015 13:39 - edited ‎31-03-2015 10:15

Hi all,

Its fairly basic, so im sure you will get the idea without me explaining it.

The idea:

New packaging for sim cards as well as providing a means to advertise giffgaff sims & tariffs. This will provide some basic information for any new members as well as provide a means for members to advertise / recruit members to giffgaff (simply add a few tabs to the packaging to make it into a desktop display stand)

Hope you like it.

(example desktop display stand)

27/02/15 to include further updates (all prices subject to change message & giffgaff run on the o2 network)

28/02/15 to include E4 sponsorship logo & text as suggested.

03/03/15 to replace £18 offer goodybag with £20 goodybag (offer ends 1/4/15)

31/03/15 to include info on giffgaff-giffgaff free calls / texts.

Five year bonus

by dangaff on ‎06-02-2015 16:22

So, when you've been with giffgaff for 5 years, mark this with a bonus as a special thank you. Airtime credit or free goodybag.  Reward customer loyalty, improve customer retention and satisfaction - it's good for business.

A penny of airtime credit per 10 unused minutes

by mdanyal ‎22-11-2014 15:38 - edited ‎22-11-2014 15:55

Right so i was looking at giffgaff's uk rates and found that:

Calls to other UK mobiles, landlines (starting 01, 02, 03): 10p per minute

Many of us purchase goodybags and sometimes end up not even using half of our minutes which just end up going to waste. I was thinking why not give customers a penny back as airtime credit for every 10 minutes that they didn't use in that month? It would obviously not apply to the unlimted minute goodybags but it would make giffgaff a much more intresting and unique network. Whos with me? Anyone else like this idea?

be more clear!

by bmw4175 on ‎24-03-2015 16:44

Just a quick one Smiley Happy

So when you click onto a banner to order a sim card it says a few things about giffgaff but I've just noticed that it says this :

''Free calls & texts to giffgaff numbers

Keep in touch with your friends for free with unlimited calls & texts to giffgaff numbers.''

But no where on this page does it explain that you have to top up or buy a goodybag every 3 months to get these free allowances which could be very misleading to people that don't already know this!

So I propose that giffgaff include this information on this page even if they just add an asterisk (*) with small print at the bottom of the page explaining about the 3 month top up rule.

This should be there in the interest of fairness and it's very easy and free to implement! 

So if you agree that giffgaff should point this out then click the kudos button to show your support. 

Thanks Smiley Happy

How about a completely new and different pricing strategy? Here's my proposal - it's a very rough idea, so bear with me: 

Pick 'n' Mix: 

Choose the amount of minutes you want. eg.: 

250 minutes 

500 minutes 

750 minutes 

1000 minutes 

- or whatever might be appropriate amounts 

Then choose the amount of texts you want, eg.: 

200 texts 

400 texts 

600 texts 

800 texts 

1000 texts 

- or whatever might me appropriate 

Then finally choose how much data you need, eg.: 

- or what ever. 

Each "portion" is priced individually. If you choose to have two "portions" (minutes+texts, minutes+data, texts+data) you get a small discount; if you choose to have all three (minutes+texts+data), you get a slightly bigger discount. 

Just a thought. 

Long serving member discount

by jdonnelly15 on ‎20-01-2015 14:34

I think that people who are with giffgaff for extended periods, (e.g, 3+years) should start to see some discounts. For example, for each year you are with gg you will recieve 1% discount. I just think because you see people leaving in forums and it seems only the people that are helping are getting payback, when in fact some people are not technically gifted therefore have not got the capaabilities to help on the community, even though they value gg as much as the VIP's?

Change Your Username!

by dannykhann13 ‎04-05-2015 13:44 - edited ‎08-05-2015 21:05
Giffgaff should offer members that have been active participants of the giffgaff community for 6-12+ months the option to request a username change.

This is because some members may not be happy with their current ones so it would be nice if you could offer the option for people to request a one off username change if they are not happy as when they join it may be random and they may later not like it. Smiley Happy

Pick and Mix

by edwardlittle on ‎16-04-2015 11:41
Why not have pick and mix goodybags? At the moment you have to choose a goodybag that most closely matches your requirements but may not match them completely. So I suggest that all the various items are priced individually, allowing members to choose what they want and get charged accordingly. So, for example, you could choose 500 minutes with 2 Gb of data or 200 minutes and 2 Gb of data, with each being at a set price. No mobile phone company does this so GiffGaff could lead the way!
If a member inserts a giffgaff SIM into an IMEI-blacklisted phone, giffgaff automatically rejects all GSM services to/from that phone, i.e. calls and texts. 3G and 4G data are unaffected. The phone generally reports an error such as "No service" or "Can't connect to network", which causes the member lots of confusion as he/she can still use data. The member then tends to come on to the help and support forum and posts a cryptic/ranty/confused message; it takes several posts and often a referral to the paid-for Checkmend service in order to get to the bottom of the issue. Even then the member often refuses to believe or accept that the phone he purchased has been reported stolen.

The proposal therefore is that if giffgaff detects an IMEI-blacklisted device being used on the network, it should send an email and display a prominent notification on the member's dashboard to say so, with links to a Knowledge Base article where they can get more information. Saves members trying to guess what is wrong, saves them the £1.99 on a Checkmend report (I know it's not much but every little helps), and also provides them with good evidence to take back to whoever sold them the duff phone.

International Roaming Goody Bags

by 0450 on ‎08-10-2014 13:34

At last twice a year I find myself in the United States. I've experimented with buying disposable SIMs and the like but realistically, if I'm making a call I'll use an OTT service through a WiFi connection. Outgoing calls on my mobile are minimal so really the service is needed for incoming calls.

With my last provider, typically my bill increased by £60 to £80 for months containing a visit to the US. These tend to be business trips and tend to last 5 to 6 days.

As things stand at the moment and given Giffgaff's international (non-EU) roaming rates, my Giffgaff SIM will be in a drawer somewhere for the duration of the trip.

That's reasonable income that Giffgaff is leaving on the table.

Giffgaff should offer international Goody Bags. These can be country specific. Also, they can have a shorter life than traditional Goody Bags.

While cost saving would be good, one of the principle aims here would be to "cap" spending while abroad -- so it'd be really neat if roaming was automatically disabled once the international Goody Bag had been consumed.

I'd happily buy a £50 US Goody Bag for my next trip in a couple of weeks time.

Just because I want to be in control of my spending on my mobile phone doesn't mean that I wont spend.

Giffgaff, broaden your offering.

Thanks for listening.

by dannykhann13 on ‎14-05-2015 20:33
Give us like 1500 points on our birthday Smiley Happy
Deal Statuses
Top Kudoed Authors