Archive: Service Updates

khairul
Kudos: 2,915
Best Answers: 150

Re: Blackberry Launch Update #2

@oslingby

Let me get this clear: O2 offer half price to anybody who specifically mention that they're fed up of giffgaff?
Click here to order a giffgaff standard/Micro/Nano SIM and get £5 EXTRA CREDIT free with your first top-up! UK first class & international delivery available
navi51
Topics: 78
Kudos: 911
Best Answers: 12

Come on gaffer, there's trouble a'th mill.
To giff is better than to gaff

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
newcomer
musicdude43

[ Edited ]

i dont have a blackberry (yet) but i will need bbm so giffgaff you'd better hurry up

Get a free giffgaff Sim

novice
grimmzy47

My goody bag ran out 7 minutes ago, seens as giffgaff cant be bothered to make an update about the Blackberry internet it looks like im going to have to buy another £5 goodybag. No internet for me again this month..

novice
sahmraw

I'm really fed up with the lack of bb services. So whilst there are many things I love about gg, this is the biggest disappointment.

All my family and a few friends without bb's have moved to gg for the free calls and good deals on texts and data. But my cousin and I also have BlackBerries. We both use the 3 network on the old 3 Pay tariff. 

Funnily enough the 3Pay tariff gives us 5000 3-3 mins, varying amount of texts to any network and a small amount of internet 150MB with every topup. These last for 3 months as well. OK call charges are on top and BB is £5 a month. 

So I use my 3Pay in my BB and talk to my cousin, my husband and my close friend on 3 for free. I use the BB services through 3 and use my gg for all calls and texts. 

But this means I am still stuck carrying 2 phones with me. Only good point with this is making sure I always have a charged phone with me and if signal is bad on one network, I can usually get it on the other. But it is a good thing I never got rid of my 3Pay sim, cos this tariff is no longer available to new customers.

Just totally disappointed with gg for letting us all down. Broken promises and endless silence are not a good combination for any lasting relationship. 

newcomer
bernadettecarrano

@oslingby

Let me get this clear: O2 offer half price to anybody who specifically mention that they're fed up of giffgaff?

REALLY??????

newcomer
bernadettecarrano

I'm really fed up with the lack of bb services. So whilst there are many things I love about gg, this is the biggest disappointment.

All my family and a few friends without bb's have moved to gg for the free calls and good deals on texts and data. But my cousin and I also have BlackBerries. We both use the 3 network on the old 3 Pay tariff. 

Funnily enough the 3Pay tariff gives us 5000 3-3 mins, varying amount of texts to any network and a small amount of internet 150MB with every topup. These last for 3 months as well. OK call charges are on top and BB is £5 a month. 

So I use my 3Pay in my BB and talk to my cousin, my husband and my close friend on 3 for free. I use the BB services through 3 and use my gg for all calls and texts. 

But this means I am still stuck carrying 2 phones with me. Only good point with this is making sure I always have a charged phone with me and if signal is bad on one network, I can usually get it on the other. But it is a good thing I never got rid of my 3Pay sim, cos this tariff is no longer available to new customers.

Just totally disappointed with gg for letting us all down. Broken promises and endless silence are not a good combination for any lasting relationship. 

TOTALLY AGREE,..

Granted BB is overated...

HOWEVER, if it is promised that it will be dealt with and the services provided v soon etc etc then it should be granted...I thought it was slightly misleading when joining re BB, I mean granted I didnt read into it FULLY before hand, but seeing blackberry settings all over the place, one assumed it were compitable fully for BB seeing as seperate settings were provided.

BBM is over hyped too, Yeah you got whats app etc. Deleted live profile, kills the phone big time battery life etc, whats app..I have all of 10 contacts using it (and no it is not because I have ten friends :smileyvery-happy:)

I just dont get why you should have to pay extra for a service that is provided via the internet when you are already paying for unlimited internet?? WTF really?? Iphone doesnt do it..Iphone doesnt do the seperate tariffs anymore because it is an Iphone..so why do BB..Mick take.

Rant Done..:smileyhappy: Gonna hold out a few more weeks for giff gaff if not looking to go to Tescos. two pound more a month granted, however, provides full services with no hassle...

xx

newcomer
bernadettecarrano

PS FIRST HALF OF MY POST WAS QUOTING THE POST PREVIOUSLY FROM SOMEONE ELSE

newcomer
chatton

It's now the 8th so therefore the first week of January has past and still no update on this matter giffgaff #disgusting

khairul
Kudos: 2,915
Best Answers: 150

@grimmzy47
You CAN use internet on your BlackBerry even now - see http://bit.ly/giffgaffblackberry . You won't be able to use BB services though.

@bernadette
I wasn't making a statement. I was asking oslingby if that was the case, hence I used a question mark. :smileyhappy:
Click here to order a giffgaff standard/Micro/Nano SIM and get £5 EXTRA CREDIT free with your first top-up! UK first class & international delivery available