Archive: Service Updates

phenomenon
woodyuk

Re: Blackberry add-on issues

Day 12 and some progress.

I received a message from the agents last night explaining about the extra account they'd opened for me yesterday morning (woodyuk2)

They had added £20 of credit to it to make it equal in value to the account that I have been trying to add BIS to (£10 goodybag + Blackberry add on + £7.00 in credit),and asked that I buy the goodybag and add on again from the credit on the new account which I did,

About half an hour later BIS started working on this account but of course it is still of no use to me because it still has the wrong phone number so the plan is that sometime today the numbers are going to be swapped between the 2 sims which when users have asked to be done before they have always been told that it's impossible so I can only wait and see what happens.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

virtuoso
rong42

woodyuk wrote:

......so the plan is that sometime today the numbers are going to be swapped between the 2 sims which when users have asked to be done before they have always been told that it's impossible so I can only wait and see what happens.

this interests me greatly, please let us know what happens?

rocket scientist
jaycat

rong42 wrote:

woodyuk wrote:

......so the plan is that sometime today the numbers are going to be swapped between the 2 sims which when users have asked to be done before they have always been told that it's impossible so I can only wait and see what happens.

this interests me greatly, please let us know what happens?

This  ^ ^

I'm no-one's boss but my own.
newcomer
nakmuay

after the battery pull, i just checked the Host routing tables and it had all the settings. Once that was working, i went to giffgaff.blackberry.com, clicked on create new account. set up all the information and now have my e-mails working perfectly too :3 took em long enough, but hey, worth it i think.
newcomer
wshargeel

Omg my BB services are still not working! 

newcomer
carlcarter1

I tried to register on giffgaff.blackberry.com and it wouldnt let me , im not a happy chappy
malteseman
Topics: 7
Kudos: 31
Blog Posts: 0
Ideas: 1
Best Answers: 2

Contact the regulator and to get your moneyback you need to cotact your card issuer and indemify the paymenton the grounds of goods and services not recieved, Which is in breach of the sales of goods act. And a couple of other laws too.

newcomer
nakmuay

you could.....or you could just wait a coupla days...no matter how often things go wrong with giffgaff, its still the cheapest option so meh,
phenomenon
woodyuk

Day 13

The number swap that I was promised faithfully would go ahead yesterday so that I would have Blackberry Services working on the right account with the right telephone number didn't happen.

No big suprises there.

What I have discovered though is that the majoity of Giffgaff Blackberry Internet Services simply doesn't work.

If you have a look at my first post in this thread

http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Social-Off-Topic/Ulitmate-indignity/td-p/2955599

you'll see that I only decided to activate a Blackberry sim because I'd had a lot of questions from other rmembers via the thread where I am unlocking Blackberrys for other members asking why a lot of applications won't work,and at the moment I am no closer to finding the solution to the problem but all of the other members were correct and Blackberry Maps,Windows Live Messenger and just about any other app that requires RIM server access refuses to work.

More news as it happens.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

newcomer
carlyyreidd

Hello, i purchased a £10 goodybad yesterday and added the blackberry add on with it, but my bbm still isnt working and i cannot receive contacts pin's or anything? What can you do to help as obviiously i have purchased the add on!!?