Archive: Service Updates

craig_t
Topics: 47
Kudos: 707
Best Answers: 21

Delays on Agent Responses Update - 09/11/11

Good evening,

The Agent team are currently very busy with handling an above average volume of Ask an Agent cases right now.  At this moment in time there's a delay in responses to cases beyond the 24 hour usual – at the moment this could be up to 48 hours, but will decrease as cases are worked on.

For transparency, the sources for this large volume of cases comes from several areas – the main two of which are the continuing growth of giffgaff, and a correspondingly large  amount of “frequently asked questions” the Agent team are receiving that could be easily answered through the community or consultation of the help resources on the website.

We are working with the Agent team on the first of the two, however the latter is something we’d appreciate your input on. In the coming weeks, we’ll be starting discussions about this and would love to hear your ideas on how we can help new members with the second part of the above.

If you have a case open currently that may not be about an account-based query, there are many other sources of help for common questions apart from the Agent team. Do explore the below to see if there's a readily available answer to your question.

*Searching the community for an answer to a question could get you the information you need straight away.

*Asking the community in our help forum could also get you the answer you require without the need to Ask an Agent.

*The help section of the website is full of useful information too.

There are several other things you can get involved in as community that will help the Agents respond more quickly to account based cases. In the spirit of giffgaff, it’s really helping us to help you more quickly.

--

1) There's no need to raise a case (or encourage others to raise a case) if you or someone needs help with internet settings.

We receive a large amount of cases from people enquiring about these that could be solved through consulting the community or reading various FAQs. This takes time away from the Agents that could be spent on solving more account based and priority cases (ones that only they can provide information on).

Take a look at the Definitive APN thread for help on setting up your internet settings.

2) Make sure you have activated correctly before raising an case with an Agent.

If someone hasn’t activated their SIM in the correct manner, an Agent may be unable to actually do anything on a raised case until the activation has been done correctly by a member.

For guides on how activation works, please look at this thread on our help pages.

3) If you have raised a case but the problem is fixed before you receive a response, please mark your case as 'solved'.

This will remove any cases that don’t require attention from the Agent’s task list, saving them from working on any redundant requests.

We apologise for any inconvenience in the meanwhile, and really appreciate your patience.

Kind regards,

--craig

-Into The West-

Play League of Legends free
exemplar
yakhtar

Re: Delays on Agent Responses Update - 09/11/11

thanks craig for the comms about delays

Get a free Giffgaff Sim

Kudos if i have helped, accept solution once you have an answer
pinkcalculator

That's good we can now say 48 hours and know we are giving accurate info ( for now until it's back to normal )
Get a free giffgaff Sim
bertiebat

[ Edited ]

pinkcalculator wrote:
That's good we can now say 48 hours and know we are giving accurate info ( for now until it's back to normal )

Now if you could retrain half of the community not to respond with 'ask/contact an agent' on half of their posts then we could be onto something :smileyhappy:

I'm think of creating an idea that deducts a theoretical payback point for every response that just contains 'Ask/contact an agent' .  If you are one of those people and you don't know the answer please don't just assume noone else will and tell people to contact an agent. :smileysad:

Please mark the best answer when you're sorted :smileyhappy: to help others find it.
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
bevlive
Topics: 87
Kudos: 266
Best Answers: 64

Cheers joe, theres some people on here who just say "Ask an agent" to most things and it needs to stop.

I think it would be handy if their was an email sent out to the newcomes, basically explaining when to contact and agent and when not to contact them.

We could also come up with some rules, or abit of a pre screen thing, before an agent gets contacted. So for example, if a person is having problems getting internet access, they would have to select from a list, that this is the problem theyre having. At which point, the page could divert to something on here, on how people can get settings etc.
flakie
Kudos: 81
Best Answers: 3

[ Edited ]

craig_t wrote:

Good evening,

The Agent team are currently very busy with handling an above average volume of Ask an Agent cases right now.  At this moment in time there's a delay in responses to cases beyond the 24 hour usual – at the moment this could be up to 48 hours, but will decrease as cases are worked on.

--craig

1st case. Answered today after nearly a full six days. Advised it has gone to finance team and I can expect another wait of up to 5 days. If this 5 days is like the 24 hours promised for agent respoonse then should I expect to wait another 25 days.

2nd case. Still unanswered after over 4 full days. Will not be answered today now. *If* it is answed tomorrow it will be five days. As this is another case that will have to go to finance should I expect to wait 5 days or 25?

Sorry but I see no evidence of 48 hour responses.

If you want to stop people going to agents please find a way for them to make them want to post to the community.

I get quite a lot of activations (would be a lot more if the service was better and people had been able to activate. Instead of them giving up and throwing the sims away).

A lot of them come to me for support. I advise them to post here. They all state they do not want to as it takes so long to get a decent response. Yes they get a lot in the first few minutes. But most of these are one liners by payback hunters coming up with quick one-line and often inaccurate or incomplete responses, as they race to be the first to post.

The same issue arises when they try and search for a previous answer. Takes a long time to separate the wheat from the chaff!

Maybe restict how frequently people can post replies. Or put a method in place to weed out the payback hunters?

jamesd2010

Hi Craig,

I've raised this in contribute - It's about the gremlin page. And I will be spending some time when I'm not so busy looking at the site and seeing how we can improve the accuracy of agent queries and I'll let you know :smileyhappy:.

zhouzilu83
Topics: 34
Kudos: 127
Best Answers: 45

Good point, many answers were good and helpful, but some of them were really pointless, and it can be quite confusing for some customers that always rely on customer service. They are never used to fix the problem themselves. It's not a easy task to change people's behaviour. It's better to have a way to encourage people to help each other, genuinely.
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
** ACCEPT A SOLUTION WHEN ISSUE IS SOLVED **
Help others also help yourself!
Kudos=Being Helpful
tipster
dejavu

I wonder what the stress levels of the agents are? :smileysad: sending a text or email to all users with a reminder not to go straight to an agent but research the community forum first may be a good idea.
I suppose when things dont go as expected it is natural to want a quick fix or an immediate response.
: Get a free Giffgaff Sim

Patience is a virtue, But someone is taxing my virtue.
virtuoso
rong42

maybe an obvious/stupid question here, but if the 'the continuing growth of giffgaff, and a correspondingly large  amount of “frequently asked questions” the Agent team are receiving' are issues, then is giffgaff planning to employ more agents? 

surely the growth of giffgaff must mean that the agents' workload will increase, no matter what other measures are put in place to prevent the frequently asked questions being asked of agents so much, so therefore an increase in the number of agents is necessary?