grn_pix.jpg Completed

Number transfers away from giffgaff

grn_pix.jpg Available

SIM Swap

grn_pix.jpg Available

Number transfer requests

grn_pix.jpg Available

Summary

Some number transfers that were scheduled for Thursday, September 26th have not processed as we'd expected. If your transfer was scheduled for this day and hasn't yet processed, please accept our sincerest apologies. These transfers completed on Monday 30th. All other transfers are performing as usual and this should not affect transfers that were due to take place outside of the 26th.

Most Recent Update

Resolved - 09:42 - 1 Oct 2013

Hey folks, good morning. A lot of you will have seen that your number transfer has successfully completed today. Welcome to giffgaff. :smileyhappy: Make sure that you give your phone a quick reboot and check out the Help forum if you need any further setup.

If your My giffgaff page is still displaying the temporary giffgaff number, please get in touch with an agent with the link on the left-hand side of that page, who will be able to investigate.

Thanks,

~Will T

Updates

Please click the spoiler for a full history of this service issue to date. 

Spoiler

Initial Update - 11:27 - 27 Sep 2013

Morning all, hope you're doing well. Unfortunately we've discovered a little bit of a hiccup in one of our systems that manages number transfers. Last night, a portion of numbers that were scheduled to transfer unfortunately didn't make it through the full process. This means that these number transfers haven't occurred and will need to be re-attempted, which we're working on doing as soon as we can.

You can check if you're affected by looking on your My giffgaff page and seeing what number is displayed at the side. If the number you wanted to transfer is visible, then your transfer has completed correctly. If it's the temporary giffgaff number you were assigned, then unfortunately you are, and please keep watching this thread for updates on how we'll be processing your transfer soon.

Those affected should still be able to use their service with their temporary number if they choose to, and don't worry - your number isn't lost, just waiting for transfer soon. We'll be back on here with an update as soon as we make some progress.

Thanks all,

~Will T

Update - 12:47 - 27 Sep 2013

Hey all, cheers for waiting on this. We've looked into the process further and it looks like these numbers will have to be resubmitted for transfer. If you're affected, you don't need to do anything - we'll retry these ourselves. Unfortunately, though, it does mean that the transfer won't take place until Monday.

The number that you were given when activating your giffgaff SIM will continue to work, and the number that you want to transfer should continue to work with your old provider until the transfer begins on Monday. Sorry for the wait, folks - we'll let you know any further updates soon.

Thanks,

~Will T

Update - 21:42 - 27 Sep 2013

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick update to follow on from what Will T let you know earlier, The numbers have now been resubmitted for transfer and this should be taking place on Monday.

Once again, the number that you were given when activating your giffgaff SIM will continue to work, and the number that you want to transfer should continue to work with your old provider until the transfer begins on Monday. Sorry for the wait and any inconvenience this may have caused.

Thanks,

Mark H

Update - 08:05 - 30 Sep 2013

Morning all, hope you're doing wel. Just wanted to confirm to you that the delayed transfers that were scheduled for the 26th are all in the pipeline to be processed today. If you're one of the people affected, you should lose service at some point today when your transfer begins. All transfers should be completed by 9pm tonight.

Thanks all :smileyhappy:

~WT

Resolved - 09:42 - 1 Oct 2013

Hey folks, good morning. A lot of you will have seen that your number transfer has successfully completed today. Welcome to giffgaff. :smileyhappy: Make sure that you give your phone a quick reboot and check out the Help forum if you need any further setup.

If your My giffgaff page is still displaying the temporary giffgaff number, please get in touch with an agent with the link on the left-hand side of that page, who will be able to investigate.

Thanks,

~Will T

giffgaff Educator
Feeling chatty? You can send me a PM for a lovely conversation. Need a topic? Try here.

kbbanner.png           New quiz: Gold Tier
thesaint
Topics: 189

Re: Delayed number transfers - 26 Sep 2013

Thanks for that as someone was asking :smileyhappy:

Les:smileyhappy:
mykiel78

Thanks t_will. I will tell a couple we've been helping on this issue.

Feel free to award Kudos / BEST ANSWER to posts that help you
Get a free giffgaff Sim
newcomer

Ah handy, wish I'd seen this before submitting a message to an agent.

dugblare
Kudos: 1,325
Best Answers: 1,076

Thanks for the update. This will help us to answer any problems members are having in this regard

Get a free giffgaff Sim
giffgaff Educator
t_will

Update - 12:47 - 27 Sep 2013

Hey all, cheers for waiting on this. We've looked into the process further and it looks like these numbers will have to be resubmitted for transfer. If you're affected, you don't need to do anything - we'll retry these ourselves. Unfortunately, though, it does mean that the transfer won't take place until Monday.

The number that you were given when activating your giffgaff SIM will continue to work, and the number that you want to transfer should continue to work with your old provider until the transfer begins on Monday. Sorry for the wait, folks - we'll let you know any further updates soon.

Thanks,

~Will T

giffgaff Educator
Feeling chatty? You can send me a PM for a lovely conversation. Need a topic? Try here.

kbbanner.png           New quiz: Gold Tier
newcomer
kelmondo

[ Edited ]
I've waited 2 days now I've got wait another 4 days so disappointed I've picked giffgaff to switch to
newcomer
kelmondo

Phoned O2 up they said as long as giffgaff keep the PAC code on the desk the longer I'm paying for 2 services What even O2 think giffgaff crap
newcomer

Bare in mind, youd be paying for O2 until they close your account, so unless youve left the transfer until the last minute and you roll into another month, youre no worse off for the delay.

I know that my 3 account will close at the end of October, and I'm paying for it until then whatever happens.

newcomer
kelmondo

I've paid for goody bag £10.00 up front which I can't use so had to go back on my old SIM to recieve calls on my old number so yes giffgaff have cost me money