Archive: Service Updates

oslingsby
Topics: 178
Kudos: 2,027
Blog Posts: 0
Ideas: 27
Best Answers: 399

Re: Unprovisioned SIM issue

Just received 32 SIMS to hand out and guess what, go on, one guess.

NONE of them work haha ohh you've got to laugh sometimes.

I thought this was supposed to be fixed yesterday?
How many other new customers have got these dodgy SIMS and can't join!
Get a free giffgaff Sim
malteseman
Topics: 7
Kudos: 31
Ideas: 1
Best Answers: 2

[ Edited ]

Here is a copy of the BULL i have had to endure, [edited for language]

"No, Ofcom states I do not need to close an account to get a refund, Please escalte this to a manager a previously [edited for lanugage] asked, I swear bcos i dont like being ignored and u have ignored my last request for escalation, i want my losses refunded to my existing acct, without penalty, and i want this complaint escalated as i am reporting you to Otelo, [edited for language]"

Response  18/02/2012 04.21 PM
Hi Seb

Thank you for contacting me regarding your Blackberry issue.

I will explain a few options on what we can do and you can decide which you would like.

1 - We can refund this account and close the account down
2 - We can issue a refund but we can not transfer your details over to another new SIM
3 - You can keep this account and we can try and resolve your issue on Blackberry

Please confirm on which you would like to do and we can action this for you have have you resolved in no time.

I apologise for the inconvenience this has caused to you.

In the meantime, please let me know if you require any further account related information.

For any non-account related information you can ask your fellow giffgaffers on our community forum, via the following link: http://giffgaff.com/support

Kind Regards,

Customer Seb Campbell 17/02/2012 08.45 PM
No No No No That is against the law, U owe me money, I have already ordered a replacement sim, I have paid for berry services and a call package from March 13th that i have not been able to use, You WILL not blackmail me to get my money back! I have the right of refund without Penalty, under the sales of goods act, And the internet sales act. U will REFUND ALL MY OSSES TO MY REPLACEMENT SIM or you will explain why not, that will be enought to get the regulator involved before the manditorty 8 week wait, [edited for language] When my new sim arrives, i want my losses recouped. WOULDT YOU!!! i want this complaint escaled to your senior!
Response  @giffgaff team 17/02/2012 05.04 PM
Hi Seb,

Thanks for getting back in touch in regards to your refund query.

Unfortunately we cannot transfer fund from one account to another for security reasons.

However if the SIM is faulty you can simply order a replacement SIM from your account and this will ensure you keep the same number as well as any credit and goodybag's.

We are unable to order a replacement SIM on your behalf but if you login to your giffgaff account and click on the link below you can order one yourself.

Order replacement SIM: http://giffgaff.com/support/lost

On completing the replacement form above you'll be given the choice to either "Bar SIM only" or "Bar SIM and Handset" so please ensure you only click on the "Bar SIM only" option if your SIM is faulty and you have NOT lost your handset. If you have lost both the handset and SIM then choose the "Bar SIM and Handset" option.

It will take between 3 to 5 working days for this to be delivered in the post and once you have it you will need to activate the SIM. You can do this by clicking on the link below (no fee required).

Activate your SIM: https://giffgaff.com/activate-sim

I hope this answers your query but if you require any more account related information please get back in touch with us here at giffgaff towers.

Alternatively, you can always visit our helpful FAQ section and friendly community forum where you can get answers to all non-account related queries from other giffgaffer’s in less than 3 minutes (on average) at the links below.

Giffgaff Forum: http://community.giffgaff.com/
Giffgaff FAQ's: http://giffgaff.com/support

Kind regards
Customer Seb Campbell 17/02/2012 05.02 PM
Yes, i would like a refund, but i already have another sim card from giff gaff, i spent 10 and 3 equaling 13 pounds, if you could swap that to my other giff gaff sim, the one that isnt faulty and had registered onto your berry service that would be good. ty. 8944110065317311752 is the sim card number, ido not want to spend any more money so pls transfer to that sim, ty so much.

Thanks for contacting the giffgaff team in regards to your refund/cancellation request and I'm sorry to hear you have run into a bit of trouble.

Firstly I will be more than happy to refund the charge for your goodybag but I must make you aware of a few things before I go ahead and process the refund.

- Once the refund has been processed it will result in your account being closed
- This will then result in the number on your account (07955573823) being lost for good (this is irreversible)
- You will need to setup a new account with new SIM if you wish to use giffgaff again

So with this in mind if you are still happy to have the refund processed just get back in touch and I will arrange it for you immediately.

In the meantime if you have any non-account related queries you can always have them answered at our friendly community forum where you will get a response within 3 minutes (on average). Just click on the following link to get there: http://community.giffgaff.com/

[Edited post for language] SO THE ONLY WAY I CAN GET A REFUND IS TO HAVE IT APPLIED TO A FAULTY SIM????/ ALL NETWORKS CAN DO SIM TRANSFERS, THIS IS A CROC OF **bleep**, theres more work for poor hazel. but am soooooooooo pissed off with this (edited for bad language by santa claus) Bull sheet!   ITS FRICKIN WARRRRRRRRR!
oslingsby

Get them to refund the money without cancelling the account,

Request PAC Code
Transfer to Someone else

Request PAC Code from them
Using Newer GG Account request port in using the other providers PAC Code to keep your number on your newer giffgaff SIM.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
jaygb1982
Topics: 151
Kudos: 744
Ideas: 22
Best Answers: 12

oslingsby wrote:
Just received 32 SIMS to hand out and guess what, go on, one guess.

NONE of them work haha ohh you've got to laugh sometimes.

I thought this was supposed to be fixed yesterday?
How many other new customers have got these dodgy SIMS and can't join!

Gone way beyond a joke! Probably the biggest issue that they have ever had... Feel so sorry for all the people having trouble.

This is the biggest gaff is the history of this network! Shocked at the level of distruption caused by this... Plus the fact it's still happening is just simply unacceptable.

Tried speaking to an agent to get some sims checked and they thought i wanted to activate the SIMs... The level of support they offer is terrible... just terrible.. I've have better luck speaking to customer services agent from virgin then these so called agents.

Sort it out ffs!!! Sorry to say it giffgaff but you've gone right down in my estimation

malteseman

Re: Unprovisioned SIMS issue

[ Edited ]

YOU PAY FOR WHAT U GET. then giff gaff should be free as you get FCUK all from there cust services.

malteseman

Sounds like a plan buddy, but it wil take 2 weeks at least, every day without my berry im losing £££££££'s :smileysad:

malteseman

I thought you could not get any worse customer services than ''Three'' I was wrong, Giff Gaff is the worst, The agents are unfit for purpose, I know supermarket shelve stackers that can send out loads of impersonal email templates, I am so KING annoyed im truly truly considering visiting there offices on Monday, I am a nutter when pissed off! and i live 5 miles from there offices!!!!!!!!!!!! grrrrrr i can see me being on the king news!!!!!!!!!!!!

giffgaff Educator
hazel22

Hi Seb, if you do feel like coming round, it could be a good way to talk about your issue so you understand what's going on, feel free -

Kind regards,
Hazel.

oslingsby

malteseman wrote:

Sounds like a plan buddy, but it wil take 2 weeks at least, every day without my berry im losing £££££££'s :smileysad:

Transfers should take 1 day with any UK provider now so if you start the process now you will be looking at Wednesday with your new sim and current number (if all goes as planned).

Get a free giffgaff Sim
beginner
ppdon1

[ Edited ]

hazel22 wrote:
Hi Seb, if you do feel like coming round, it could be a good way to talk about your issue so you understand what's going on, feel free -

Kind regards,
Hazel.

We'd all like to know whats going on, in english please so at least most of us will understand.