Archive: Service Updates

handy giff-staffer
clairekav

@vp.pl and @op.pl and @spoko.pl email addresses: add no_reply@giffgaff.com to your contact list [resolved]

[ Edited ]

Hi folks, 

if you've got an email address with @vp.pl or @op.pl or @spoko.pl please add no_reply@giffgaff.com to your contact list - we're investigating why the ISP's aren't allowing our email system to deliver emails to your email address.

If you've got our email address in your contact list it should go through.

If you have one of these email addresses please (it's good practice for everyone else too):

1) Add no_reply@giffgaff.com to your contact address book

2) To test to see if an email comes through from giffgaff, you can request a password reset: http://giffgaff.com/support/lost-password - that will send you an email (typically within 5minutes)

3) If you don't receive an email, (as you've added no_reply@giffgaff.com to your contacts it shouldn't have gone in to your spam folder) - in the mean time until we work out why the ISP isn't recognised, please change your email address under My Details: https://giffgaff.com/profile/details

Thanks, sorry for the inconvenience! It's a tricky one.

Claire 

Edit 29th Sept 2011: I can see that a couple have gone through, however the majority have been stopped by an antispam filter... hopefully we can get someone who speaks polish to help fill out the form.

@vp.pl451 4.7.1 Wiadomosc zostala odrzucona przez system antyspamowy / Message has been refused by antispam (http://antyspam.onet.pl/odblokuj.html?id=#ID#&ip=#IP#)

Edit 6th Oct 2011: We've filled out the anti spam form - it seems that  @vp.pl and @op.pl and @spoko.pl are all the same ISP - hopefully by filling out the vp.pl one they'll all work. Waiting to hear back from them. It's a little hard as no on in the office speaks polish... hopefully they can handle a form filled out in English - otherwise we may need some help from someone in our community.

Edit 7th Oct 2011: Just had an email back to say they've started to allow emails from our domain. Looks like the suspended emails have started to go through. Phew, solved it seems! 

Note: If someone has answered your question in 'Ask the community', please mark it as 'accepted solution’, then we know you're sorted
pinkcalculator

Re: @vp.pl and @op.pl email addresses: add no_reply@giffgaff.com to your contact list

Claire I got an email re friends giffgaffed ( yay ) today and get all the pm notifications but my statment came quite a bit after other this month, most times stuff goes to my main mail box but an odd one goes to spam, but as tend to be on my iPad at home and it's imaped I get to see what's in there too quite easily. My email is a @btinternet.com using the yahoo imaping details. Don't know if that info helps
Pink
Get a free giffgaff Sim
expert
giffgaff_1

Re: @vp.pl and @op.pl email addresses: add no_reply@giffgaff.com to your contact list

My mate cant get emails from giffgaff but gets them from everyone else. He's is
@prodigits.co.uk
GetafreeGiffgaffSim
u_ghafoor
Topics: 511
Kudos: 641
Blog Posts: 0
Ideas: 2
Best Answers: 89
Mobile Phone: Blackberry 9360

I didn't know prodigits offered an email service.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
handy giff-staffer
clairekav

giffgaff_1 wrote:
My mate cant get emails from giffgaff but gets them from everyone else. He's is
@prodigits.co.uk

Thanks for the heads up @prodigits.co.uk domain names - I can see 7 members emails with this domain address, I can see 3 have had an email recently declined by @prodigits. 

Please ask your friend to add no_reply@giffgaff.com to their contact list - this should help get the emails through, check by using password reset. 

Please direct them to this FAQ -  what to do if you haven't received an email from giffgaff which explains the steps to take.

Until @prodigits allow emails from our domain name, in order to receive emails they'll have to change their email address. I'll add @prodigits to the list of domains to investigate.

Cheers, Claire 

Note: If someone has answered your question in 'Ask the community', please mark it as 'accepted solution’, then we know you're sorted
u_ghafoor
Topics: 511
Kudos: 641
Blog Posts: 0
Ideas: 2
Best Answers: 89
Mobile Phone: Blackberry 9360

Congrats on your 1000th post clairekav :smileyhappy:.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
pathfinder
adsb

As a former s/w engineer with a well-known ISP, I fail to see how adding an address to one's contact list is going to make a difference to whether inbound emails are accepted or not.

handy giff-staffer
clairekav

adsb wrote:

As a former s/w engineer with a well-known ISP, I fail to see how adding an address to one's contact list is going to make a difference to whether inbound emails are accepted or not.

If our address is in their contact list, it prevents the email from going in to the spam folder. Helps with our reputation  

pathfinder
adsb

clairekav wrote:

If our address is in their contact list, it prevents the email from going in to the spam folder. Helps with our reputation  

Yes, but your original post is talking about failure to deliver - which isn't the same as delivering the message but deciding it's spam.

gdp
Topics: 4
Kudos: 101
Best Answers: 10

Yeah, I'm with you... Adding people to address book will stop your end-user client. Or your web client.

But this sounds like network filtering...