Welcome to our very last Ideas Broadcast of the year.... dun dun dun. It seems fitting to round up the years highs and appreciate those members who have shown amazing commitment to this board.
This year we saw 3272 ideas, which were supported by nearly 30,000 Kudos and over 30,000 comments. Together we implemented over 200 of these to bring our total implemented ideas up to an amazing 423. Which means on average, we've been implementing at a rate of 1 idea every 2.5 days. This means from Jan-Dec this year, we've actually speeded up the average rate that ideas are implemented. Our implementation rate of unique ideas is at 12%, (1 in every 8 Ideas proposed is being implemented) higher than any other site attempting to run similar. Which means, you're not just listened to. You are the most listened to.
Here of some of your ideas which have been implemented this year:
- Nano Sims with 310 Kudos, by think_of_tomoro
- Bringing back Queued goodybags supported by 301 members, byjon889
- Sim Swap by richardski, with 223 Kudos
- Tethering inspired by this idea from oslingsby - 142 Kudos
- More Pro-active Beta Testing with members by pinkcalculator with 94 Kudos
- Sim Abuse Link supported by 78 by badgerhud
- Change the Advertisment for new members with 129 Kudos by cricpk
- bertiebat had 119 members support her Tethering Warning idea.
- Lock the comments on the Knowledge Base by oldyorkie with 55 Kudos.
None of these would be apart of this network and community now, if it wasn't for the support shown by members that they wanted them. So huge appreciation to these front runners, and every member who made/supported an implemented idea this year for really pushing the network in the direction the community wants.
The members behind the movement:
I have here a very long list, which I've tried to split up - but it's important that every member is mentioned here - especially dear Bertiebat, who in a year has received over 700 Kudos for her contribution to the Ideas Board. Phenomenal.
As well as these 50, we have many members supporting our Ideas - especially;
Suheluddin2, craig5201, rhys57haskell, adaley, rong42, rlproper, dan_the_man, thomas5342, welshdragon92, bilalmukhtar1, rochessel, pjr, nellisere, edishi, sufta, kingedward, michaelwelsh, tiptoeee96, inspiron42, jaygb1982, oakleboy, krispykay044, bintnabil, wcssj, nerakb, hhaarrryyyy2020, sydbrazil1, pinto6, mappjh
Project Chrysalis did put a delay on some of the Ideas work - but (I'm sure we all agree) for a pressing and well supported reason. With this in mind, I'll be making January's Idea Broadcast about 2013 - as well as announcing the changes we'll be implementing in Contribute. However! These changes have NOT been locked down yet - so please do join our discussion, and tell us;
- What would your dream Contribute Board be? (Don't worry about what is and isn't technically possible)
- If you don't visit the Contribute Board much - why? Your feedback will help us discover how to be more welcoming.
To all the guys mentioned and everyone who participates on the Ideas Board - Thank you. We're proud of the platform we've built and of all of you for making it one of the most vibrant parts of our community. Your input keeps us at the cutting edge and ensures that you always have a place to tell us what you want.
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in.