newcomer
admin

Blackberry 9000 - internet

[ Edited ]

Will the internet work on bb 9000 ??

contributor
ethani99

Re: Blackberry 9000 - internet

Hi admin, Welcome to the giffgaff community. To answer your question it looks like the Blackberry has its own little set up with PUSH EMAIL that giffgaff doesn't support just yet. Have a look at the following link as it seems this is a common set up fault with these handsets. http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Ask-the-community-got-stuck-get/Blackberry-Internet/m-p/1462 Cheers, Ethani99.
Kudos: it's a giff and gaff thing so click the star peeps! :smileytongue: :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy:
chaperon
ncampbell

[ Edited ]

Hey guys, we have had some confirmation about the Blackberry's. 

giffgaff SIM's at the moment don't support the blackberry services. You may be able to make calls or texts but any of the phones extensions (E-mail etc...) will not operate properly. We will update you as and when we get any more feedback from our senior giff-staffing team!

Apologies at this time for anyone currently affected!

Nigel Campbell
giffgaff Advisor

Yes..I'm here to Help!!...

If you've asked a question, mark the best answer as 'Accepted solution'. This lets everyone know you're sorted - It also gives kudos to the giffgaffer who helped you. Nice!
newcomer
ntsmith

Should the fact that this is the case and I cannot even access the Internet on my Blackberry Bold be told to us before we pay out money to you. I found this out AFTER.

instructor
brradley

I think that if you download another browser, such as Opera Mini, giffgaff's internet should work on there, although it will not work on the built in services.
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
novice
dooferlad

I can confirm that you can install Opera Mini, gmail and other Java programs and use those instead of the BlackBerry ones, at least with a BB Pearl. There are some instructions here on how to GiffGaff your BlackBerry. It does include instructions on how to unlock your phone, which you will only need to do if it is locked to a non-O2 network. The gotcha is that you won't be able to download Java apps inside Opera Mini - you need to download them to a PC and install them from there. If you can get hold of the required files it is easy. I did need to faff a bit to install gmail, but I don't have the instructions to hand. Let me know if you get stuck and I will try and find them.