Contribute

newcomer
mole

Help

How can i disable the control on texts? because i cant send a text to a prepaid service that i want.. it just keep getting failed to send i did get a text telling me  how to do this but i deleted it by accident ?? anyone know how ?

mike_rb
Topics: 4
Kudos: 126
Best Answers: 14

Re: Help

Could you be a little more specific about what you are trying to do and we'll try to help.

I don't believe there is any sort of 'control' on texts with giffgaff.

I take it you can send texts to any other number ok?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Get a free Giffgaff Sim

darrenpainter
Kudos: 10,569
Best Answers: 3,666

If the text numbers are via short code, it is possible they may be chargeable and outside of the allowance of a goodybag, and would require you to have sufficient top up credit on your account to make the text

supporter
edgley
Mobile Phone: Nokia N900

darrenpainter wrote:

If the text numbers are via short code, it is possible they may be chargeable and outside of the allowance of a goodybag, and would require you to have sufficient top up credit on your account to make the text

Indeed, do you have any spare credit on your phone? This may be causing the issue.

newcomer
mole

Currently have £10 on my phone ... and the number for the prepaid service is 78660, but everytime i go to send the text it just comes back saying Retry ... i sent a text to my misses and it works fine... so it aint signal or anything but i remeber getting a text about a parental setting when i text this before and misplaced of the text, =S 

Thanks

darrenpainter

PhonepayPlus.org.uk has the following information about the shortcode number 78660.

This is a text message service charged at premium rate. The types of services operating on this number can be ring tones, jokes, games, tarot, chat, mobile internet services (WAP) and more.

• This service costs £5.00 per text

If you would like to find out more about this service you should contact the company listed below.

PayMo
0870 0427 150
customercare@paymo.net

newcomer
mole

i already know this.. =S what i'm saying though it won't actually let me send a text to the shortcode.. just keeps saying failed... Retry.. ??? and this happened before so i had to put credit on my old virgin sim to allow me to do this.. and i thought this time i'll ask 

darrenpainter

I think your only option then will to be to raise a query via Ask an Agent, so that giffgaff themselves can comment on what the issue is with texting that number. 

pupil
essatm93

i dont think that giffgaff supports all short code texts. i'm sure i remember reading it somewhere.

this may be it

http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Discuss-giffgaff-Questions-and/short-code-mobiles-numbers/m-p/18546...