Contribute

pioneer
hamishlaw

Labels

I confess I do not see much value in the requirement to add a label to the new ideas. I am more often than not confused by the choice and end up with a random selection.

Am I missing something in what it adds to the forum ? Is it to assist with searching the forum and if so does it really work ?

heavy hitter
jonmc95

Re: Labels

By labels do you mean tags?

If you like the sound of giffgaff why not Order a FREE sim card below that comes with £5 FREE credit!
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
darrenpainter
Kudos: 12,870
Best Answers: 3,942

Labels as in

Marketing, Member Service, Technical, Business Practice and Goodybag Suggestions.

They probably provide more help to giffgaff in managing the ideas rather than for the community itself

i.e Goodybag suggestions allows them to auto disregard any marked as such :smileyhappy:

heavy hitter
jonmc95

darrenpainter wrote:

Labels as in

Marketing, Member Service, Technical, Business Practice and Goodybag Suggestions.

They probably provide more help to giffgaff in managing the ideas rather than for the community itself

i.e Goodybag suggestions allows them to auto disregard any marked as such :smileyhappy:

Well in that case there is a use for them. :smileyhappy:

If you like the sound of giffgaff why not Order a FREE sim card below that comes with £5 FREE credit!
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
pioneer
hamishlaw

Now DP I am swithering over accepting your comment as the solution as you are only offering a probability! Now if one of the giffgaff world confirms the position my dithering will cease :smileywink:

I would however add that if people like me who select at random because it does not mean anything to them is it really a useful tool ?

instructor
wcssj

[ Edited ]

I think the labels would be more use if they were set by, and only visible to, gg staff. That way the labels could become more 'descriptive' (i.e. scathing:smileywink:) and allow gg staff to view/search/sort the ideas more effectively.

jtemplar

[ Edited ]

I agree that the label thing is a bit of a miss for me.

I had a hell of a time trying to post a new idea because I had no 'idea' I needed to provide a label and so kept getting an error.

It then took days to finally get an Educator to answer my call for help.

If the label must be selected when posting a new idea then an idea would be to say so on the new idea page.

Just an idea:smileylol:

john

You can't have a Community based MVNO without a community