Contribute

Reply
beginner
ashtonbbdata
Posts: 13
Registered: ‎31-10-2011

Re: Stamps (microgaff)


trudiw wrote:
Rossides is correct it's thought that the price of stamps is going to be increased by so much that there may be plans to let pensioners buy stamps at current prices !

Wouldn't this mean dodgy pensioners buying stamps cheap and then selling them on to the rest of us?

 

Just found an article about it, looks like it's just Christmas stamps and a very odd system for getting them cheap from supermarkets:

 

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/royal-mail/9124646/Pensioners-will-have-to-declare-in-public-...

rochessel
Posts: 12,608
Kudos: 1,670
Registered: ‎02-04-2011

Re: Stamps (microgaff)

Is there a particular reason your being quite so contrary turkey. Go back in the thread and look for yourself!

You can disagree all you want but it has been mentioned and yes I believe it personally. Try it for yourself.

Not all of us have the luxury of a fancy printer, in fact few people I know here are trying hard to keep the cost down so find the flyers provided extremely helpful. Added bonus that they help with activations.
Get a free Giffgaff Sim

rochessel
Posts: 12,608
Kudos: 1,670
Registered: ‎02-04-2011

Re: Stamps (microgaff)

I am wondering at times if some orders are just being passed on and on and on. I had a funny one last night that came with a warning that it was clearing the system and if I needed help I should make a ticket. As the address couldnt be found I have. But I know some of us do are best to try to work it out and mark them sent or we get them deleted by green or Sam. I wonder if we need to promote those options and not just letting it pass on cause we will all have the same issue with it!
Get a free Giffgaff Sim

grand master
trudiw
Posts: 8,616
Registered: ‎13-05-2010

Re: Stamps (microgaff)

@turkey I like the flyers that giffgaff send and they look professional but by far the best thing about them is that they don't cost us anything !! I'm all for keeping costs down :smileywink:

I worked in a bank for 20 years and we would accept any note no matter how old and if we couldn't exchange it (if it was too damaged or defaced) we would fill out the forms and send the notes off to the bank of England for the customer so no one needs to go to london :smileywink:
hc_1540
Posts: 3,608
Topics: 89
Kudos: 538
Registered: ‎22-02-2011

Re: Stamps (microgaff)


trudiw wrote:
@turkey I like the flyers that giffgaff send and they look professional but by far the best thing about them is that they don't cost us anything !! I'm all for keeping costs down :smileywink:


I'm with you there trudi! Since using the gg flyers I've seen a month-on-month increase in activations. Now this could be due to a number of things:

 

  • people see the gg flyers as more 'professional'
  • there's a general upward trend in activations (in that case it shouldn't matter what we stick in the envelopes)
  • phase of the moon
  • dumb luck

 

However, it's (currently) a winning formula for me so I'll stick to what I've been doing

Get a free giffgaff Sim
ashtonbb
Posts: 409
Topics: 0
Kudos: 214
Best Answers: 0
Registered: ‎23-03-2011

Re: Stamps (microgaff)


trudiw wrote:

I worked in a bank for 20 years and we would accept any note no matter how old and if we couldn't exchange it (if it was too damaged or defaced) we would fill out the forms and send the notes off to the bank of England for the customer so no one needs to go to london :smileywink:
Unfortunately, banks tend to be getting less helpful with things that don't make them money so this can't be guaranteed for everyone at all banks. I think some basic bank accounts don't even let you pay in money over the counter, you have to use a machine.
Similarly with banking bags of pennies, not so easy to do nowadays.
Get a free Giffgaff SIMGet a free Giffgaff micro SIM
turkeyphant
Posts: 3,444
Kudos: 566
Ideas: 23
Registered: ‎17-01-2011

Re: Stamps (microgaff)


rochessel wrote:
Is there a particular reason your being quite so contrary turkey. Go back in the thread and look for yourself!

You can disagree all you want but it has been mentioned and yes I believe it personally. Try it for yourself.

Not all of us have the luxury of a fancy printer, in fact few people I know here are trying hard to keep the cost down so find the flyers provided extremely helpful. Added bonus that they help with activations.

Not trying to be contrary at all! Apologise completely if that's how I've come across :smileyhappy:

 

I just can't find anything in this thread backing up what you're claiming and my own experience certaintly doesn't. Nowadays printers are so good that any colour printer can produce decent-looking results. My colour laser only cost £40 which was a good investment I think :smileyhappy:

 

You might want to consider that it's a false economy keeping flyer costs down when you could be getting more activations with  better flyers....

turkeyphant
Posts: 3,444
Kudos: 566
Ideas: 23
Registered: ‎17-01-2011

Re: Stamps (microgaff)


ashtonbb wrote:

trudiw wrote:

I worked in a bank for 20 years and we would accept any note no matter how old and if we couldn't exchange it (if it was too damaged or defaced) we would fill out the forms and send the notes off to the bank of England for the customer so no one needs to go to london :smileywink:
Similarly with banking bags of pennies, not so easy to do nowadays.

Have you been refused at your bank? Which one?

ashtonbb
Posts: 409
Topics: 0
Kudos: 214
Best Answers: 0
Registered: ‎23-03-2011

Re: Stamps (microgaff)


turkeyphant wrote:

ashtonbb wrote:

trudiw wrote:

I worked in a bank for 20 years and we would accept any note no matter how old and if we couldn't exchange it (if it was too damaged or defaced) we would fill out the forms and send the notes off to the bank of England for the customer so no one needs to go to london :smileywink:
Similarly with banking bags of pennies, not so easy to do nowadays.

Have you been refused at your bank? Which one?



If you are referring to the bags of pennies, I haven't been refused because I just spend my change rather than collect - I find self service tills to be a good way of getting rid of it.

 

But I remember Halifax limiting people to just one bag of coins per day on certain basic accounts.

Get a free Giffgaff SIMGet a free Giffgaff micro SIM
chaperon
leonc888
Posts: 1,306
Registered: ‎02-12-2010

Re: Stamps (microgaff)

Halifax a while ago on my current account said i can pay in 5 bags a day and i had about 40-50 in change and most of it was copper! Now i jsut use the coinstar machines in supermarkets even tho they charge 8p per £1
Need a sim FAST i will send first class post any sim type just send me a Private Message.
Also will deliver by hand in local areas (Tameside, Stockport, Wilmslow and surrounding areas as I travel these daily)