Contribute

sloz

Re: More on how we calculate points

Just give you a for instance. There has to be a cut off between who qualified for the high payback and medium payback. Say the lowest poster who qualified for the highest payback postd say 50 times and spent 1000 mins online. And the highest poster that qualified for medium payback posted 40 times and spent 800mins. Theyve both contributed a substantial ammount to the forum. Yet the difference in reward in payback was far too wide a gap
sloz

No response? To my previous reply from last week?
marvel
andy0

sloz wrote:
No response? To my previous reply from last week?

well, it seems so rhetorical that it might have been difficult to think of an answer, or virtually nobody will know if your figures are any more than a guess, and we can't expect staff to be more specific as the details are both confidential and variable from month to month

sloz

Point taken. But i still think the high band is proportianally too high compared to the other bands and the posters in the medium band that have postd a great deal and spent a lot of time on site and close to the cut off point are unfairly treated
supporter
jonmd

@sloz. I would try not to get to hung up about what is fair with regards to rewards. If you worked out the hourly rate for forum participation it is quite low, anyway. I happen to think that it is also rewarding in other ways. It is also no more unfair than someone getting their full value out of a goodybag versus someone who doesn't. In both cases the remedy is in your own hands; Spend longer on the forum or use more data, etc. You could even combine the two and spend time on the forum using your handset, subject to it being readable LOL.

If you find the information above useful, please click the star to the left to give me kudos
maestro
commsyeo

[ Edited ]

I'm with jonmd on this one. I am an active participant on 2 other forums (a m/cycle one and and one from a past life).  For me the driver is to help and be helped (does this sound really giffgaff?). The fact that I'm rewarded on this one is a bonus, not a motivator.

CY

cicerone
redux

jonmd wrote:

It is also no more unfair than someone getting their full value out of a goodybag versus someone who doesn't. In both cases the remedy is in your own hands; Spend longer on the forum or use more data, etc.

That's already happening - it looks like almost all of sloz's posts are in the last few weeks, so it might be safe to say he or she will be in the top band next time and wasn't before. So I can't quite see what the fuss is about. 

chaperon
peeter

[ Edited ]

I fully agree with commsyeo and jonmd. Of course its nice to get rewarded for helping on the forums, but I actually enjoy it anyhow.

It's a good feeling knowing you're helping people and also doing your bit to help giffgaff grow and improve.

sloz

Well i startd posting more, 6 or 7 week ago. And my observation has nothing to do with my own points. I enjoy posting, and like i said before in other posts id spend just as much time here if there was less payback money to go round. Id be well happy if i earned enough payback over they year to buy 2 or 3 ten pound goodybags.
trainee
littlefella

I am very pleased with my payback and i think i have been put in the correct band. (medium band) i also agree with what someone posted on page 2 saying that what i have earnt in april has inspired (if that is the correct word) me to do more and consiquently i am on here now writing this very message....:smileytongue:

Giffgaff - welcome to the world of inexpensive calls, text, data and a very helpful fun and rewarding community!
Kudos to all !