Reply
consultant
Posts: 2,503
Registered: ‎29-01-2011

Re: O2 3g coverage (Concept)

o2 showed exactly what they think of their customers that don't live in large built up areas, when they got permission to upgrade some of their 900mhz masts from 2g to 3g they chose to upgrade the ones in large cities which already had good 3g coverage
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Posts: 17,077
Kudos: 3,816
Best Answers: 919
Registered: ‎09-09-2010

Re: O2 3g coverage (Concept)

@illy
I think they upgraded them cause their is more 3g demand and upgrading the masts highly populated areas they split up the demand.

But in small towns i have seen that o2 Are working with councils (they need planning permission) in scotland it is easier to get that than england.


Posts: 8,921
Kudos: 1,871
Best Answers: 513
Registered: ‎08-07-2011

Re: O2 3g coverage (Concept)

Is slow speeds enough to warrant a complaint to O2?

Posts: 17,077
Kudos: 3,816
Best Answers: 919
Registered: ‎09-09-2010

Re: O2 3g coverage (Concept)


bitgeek wrote:

Is slow speeds enough to warrant a complaint to O2?


Hey mate, 

 

I'm guessing agents are the people to go to Smiley Happy if you face that issue Smiley Wink 


Posts: 8,921
Kudos: 1,871
Best Answers: 513
Registered: ‎08-07-2011

Re: O2 3g coverage (Concept)


as7861 wrote:

Hey mate, 

 

I'm guessing agents are the people to go to Smiley Happy if you face that issue Smiley Wink 


Will they be able to help with issues such as slow speeds because of over utilized masts in a local area?

Posts: 17,077
Kudos: 3,816
Best Answers: 919
Registered: ‎09-09-2010

Re: O2 3g coverage (Concept)

[ Edited ]

bitgeek wrote:

as7861 wrote:

Hey mate, 

 

I'm guessing agents are the people to go to Smiley Happy if you face that issue Smiley Wink 


Will they be able to help with issues such as slow speeds because of over utilized masts in a local area?


Yes, they should be able to pass the information onto o2 Smiley Happy 

When i asked about a signal issue they passed it onto o2 Smiley Happy


Posts: 8,921
Kudos: 1,871
Best Answers: 513
Registered: ‎08-07-2011

Re: O2 3g coverage (Concept)


as7861 wrote:

bitgeek wrote:

as7861 wrote:

Hey mate, 

 

I'm guessing agents are the people to go to Smiley Happy if you face that issue Smiley Wink 


Will they be able to help with issues such as slow speeds because of over utilized masts in a local area?


Yes, they should be able to pass the information onto o2 Smiley Happy 

When i asked about a signal issue they passed it onto o2 Smiley Happy


Ahh thanks for the info Smiley Happy

Highlighted
enigma
Posts: 12,079
Registered: ‎26-08-2011

Re: O2 3g coverage (Concept)

[ Edited ]

illy1965 wrote:
o2 showed exactly what they think of their customers that don't live in large built up areas, when they got permission to upgrade some of their 900mhz masts from 2g to 3g they chose to upgrade the ones in large cities which already had good 3g coverage

to add to the above, it was only last year that O2 put a mast (well, added kit onto an electricity pylon) near enough to my village that allows me to actually make calls from inside the house (prior to that, it was outside, whatever the weather) getting 3g data is a dream... as the crow flies the transmitter is nearly 3 miles away... I have 2 towns about 6 - 6.5 miles away, 1 is 3g the other is Hsdpa.

the 200 houses in 'my' village won't EVER generate the demand for 3g (let alone 4g)... 3 are the only network that deliver a 3g signal....

 

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
be nice, kudos where due, solution if earnt
Posts: 17,077
Kudos: 3,816
Best Answers: 919
Registered: ‎09-09-2010

Re: O2 3g coverage (Concept)

@mgb2 

 

Ah right. You never know how much people in your area want 3g and are on o2/giffgaff/Tesco Smiley Wink 

 

But the idea is for giffgaff users Smiley Wink Are their much giffgaff users in your area ? 


enigma
Posts: 12,079
Registered: ‎26-08-2011

Re: O2 3g coverage (Concept)


as7861 wrote:

@mgb2 

 

Ah right. You never know how much people in your area want 3g and are on o2/giffgaff/Tesco Smiley Wink 

 

But the idea is for giffgaff users Smiley Wink Are their much giffgaff users in your area ? 


I couldn't tell you without polling the WI & the church go-ers... most of the locals are pensioners

 

actually, I could do a petition / survey through the local shop.....

(that's an idea, note to self... do something for the local community rather than just this online one) Smiley LOL

 

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
be nice, kudos where due, solution if earnt