Contribute

dabbler
hammondsc

Send sms from online

Tmobile offer this and it's rather good. Could GiffGaff offer this too. It's a lot quicker to type a SMS from a computer than a mobile (well it is for me !) 

zippygeorgebungle
Kudos: 924

Re: Send sms from online

been mentioned hundreds of times answer no cost too much to set up. Also you can get free ones on the o2 website. Maybe get a better phone to send texts from or connect your phone to your pc and send texts out from the software given
Get a free giffgaff Sim

bevlive
Topics: 87
Kudos: 266
Best Answers: 64

When giffgaff offer unlimited texts with no limit, why would you want to send them from a website?

Software for sony ericsson (not sure about modern day stuff, but they certainly used to) had the ability to be able to send texts from you phone, but you would type it out like an email on your computer. It was really good, but alas, my current phone even though it is sony ericsson, dont like sony ericsson software :smileysad:
vish14
Topics: 9
Kudos: 153
Best Answers: 12

Just use the software that you are given with your phone!

Please Kudos me if I helped!:smileyhappy:
ii
Topics: 7
Kudos: 127
Best Answers: 7

Why would you want to send them from a website when the reply will come to your phone and leave you with half of each conversation in 2 seperate places?

Get a free giffgaff Sim
beginner
omadawn

ii wrote:

Why would you want to send them from a website when the reply will come to your phone and leave you with half of each conversation in 2 seperate places?

One answer from a business perspective would be so that someone else can email out "texts" on your behalf e.g someone in an administritive role. A typical scenario might be where you want to collect responses from different groups or classes of people (i.e. you are only interested in their responses), whereas several different style messages may be required to be sent out to different types of people to achieve the same end.

In summary, you may wish to spend more time working ON your business whilst your administrator is left to concentrate on working IN the business.

dabbler
hammondsc

I like using a big keyboard with lots of buttons as a pose to widgy little buttons ! Thats why !

newcomer
jessc

i agree as o2 do10 free texts a month which is handy when you dont have credit. :smileyvery-happy:

newcomer

hammondsc wrote:

Tmobile offer this and it's rather good. Could GiffGaff offer this too. It's a lot quicker to type a SMS from a computer than a mobile (well it is for me !) 

I have bought a voucher and when I try to enter thisvoucher it tells me the number is not valid than you tiamoira

newcomer
sid351

It would be useful to be able to text people (personal friends) while I'm abroad with work without paying a fortune; because presumably the website access would assume you were UK based regardless?