Contribute

pioneer
reddwarf

Virtual landline number from Vectone.

[ Edited ]

Just came across this new feature from Vectone. For £9 a month you can get a landline number which will be linked to your mobile so that calls come through. Callers will be charged landline rates.

I know O2 did this a few months back for £10 a month but haven't seen it advertised anymore. I wonder if Giffgaff will do something similar.It could be useful for people that get a lot of incoming calls.

http://www.vectonemobile.co.uk/offers/vm-virtual-landline.aspx

On another note, Vectone seem to copy all the best ideas from other networks. They've also copied the bonus on incoming calls.

veteran
craig5201

Re: Virtual landline number from Vectone.

you sould add to the new ideas borad

Get a free Giffgaff Sim

Click here to request a giffgaff MICRO SIM with £5 FREE credit.
scholar
canary1

Sounds like an excellent idea, things have come a long way since the G.P.O. dominated the only telephone system we could access.

exemplar
chriszzzzzz

So you pay £9 (or whatever) for someone to call you cheaply?? Why? If someone wants to call me via my mobile then they pay whatever the rate is....I'm not subsidising it...Seems a bit pointless to me...........................Each to their own though..:smileyhappy:

In a mad world only the mad are sane
helper
liamfellover

eems a good idea to me, the older generation prefer to give and use a landline to a mobile and this could quite possibly draw in more customers.

kindest regards
Get a free Giffgaff Sim

If You Like What You See Please Kudos
aspirant
daveysludge

Does call divert not do the same thing?!
micro Simmicro Simmicro Sim
pioneer
reddwarf

@daveysludge

No. Call divert is different. If you are diverting from a landline then you have to pay the per minute rate for the divert part for ringing your mobile. It can be very expensive.
trainee
stevebc1

[ Edited ]

You can do this with a smartphone already.

Just set up a sip (voip ) ap with an acount from sipgate that gives you a UK landline type number (01xxx xxxxxx) It should work wherever you have 3g or wireless access. When you have no access there is a voicemail service that is free to access via any sipgate number. For incoming only service there is no rental charge from sipgate.

motivator
ragnorak

Localphone also do an incoming landline number service for about 90p a month, the only catch is you have to pay nearly 10p a minute to receive incoming calls to your mobile but you can forward calls to your Localphone voicemail for free and receive the voice messages via email as audio files.

Everyone should have at least one phone on giffgaff :robotwink:
Get a friend-pack SIM with £5 free on first top-up here
Please order a SIM if you don't yet have one, thanks.

Things that are free (or cheapest) on giffgaff
graduate
carlos292

i have a voipcheap application which does that also skype does it aswell there is a few out there who do it