Contribute

rookie
kazzz

Re: clarity needed for unlimited data from giff gaff its really not unlimited

[ Edited ]

It's a myth that the high users affect anyone. It's a purely economic quest. GG want to make more money from Data.....End of.

I think they should come clean instead of hiding. At the moment they are totally ignoring the outcry from their customers.

IMO current users should be given what they signed up for - unlimited - . Put a new FUP for new customers, then see if it's still as popular.

beginner
mailroomman

Yes GIFF GAFF can't keep at the rate they are they can't afford the costs involved and sadly for customers it will mean caps put in place and in turn will mean networks well three will catch the straying fish in nets .
I was researching three over the last hour or so and I'm told they ate running at 67% capacity so they do have more to play with and thousands more customers would not bother them at all .
Just wait till LTE/4G comes to three . Speaking of wich o2 have been testing 4g in London at speeds of 30-40 Mbs
enigma
mgb2

yeah but 30 - 40 mbs isn't 4g... it's like 3.75 or something... granted it's better than the 21mbps that is possible so far but... the ITU standard for genuine 4g is 100mbs to vehicles & 1gb to stationary customers... all this testing is just more smoke & mirrors.

the absolute latest capabilities for LTE & WiMax both do actually qualify as TRUE 4g... but what's being trialled now is way off.

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
be nice, kudos where due, solution if earnt
beginner
mailroomman

Yes I think your right a plain and straightforward amout of data that your given each month say 10 - 20 GB and for you to do with as you please and compromising yet again even say 50% of that amout via tethering if not all .
In the short and long term this would be a Great deal for customers and also GG .
GG could happily work out estimated user stats based on this method securing long term customer base !
Surely that would suite all involved ?
I know the bean counters and management read the posts for ideas and just general info on how we the customers think of GG so come mr chairman mike fairman take note .
Oh if anyone should want his personal email address inbox me more than happy to give you access or anybody's email really as long as it is a legitimate reason .
ww
academic
ww

aik wrote:
It is unlimited data. they do check on it when you reach 1GB. however, they may cut your service if you reach 1 GB in an hour :smileyhappy:

Then it is NOT unlimited.

Please give Kudos to those that helped and accept the solution if given-it helps other users find the solution to their problems.
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
I use iPhone 4S, iPad2, Motorola V3 (Original Flip)
ww
academic
ww

therugbyhonke wrote:

This is typical.

If it's marketed as unlimited data, there is always going to be someone who is going to deliberately overuse it.

It is marketed as 'Unlimited Data' but up to the point where you don't ruin it for everyone else.

It's great that you want to use your data package, but be responsible.

There are other people here, remember?!

You cannot 'overuse' unlimited

Please give Kudos to those that helped and accept the solution if given-it helps other users find the solution to their problems.
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
ww
academic
ww

stealthybigboss2 wrote:
this topic will never die lol

Only when gg stop advertising the lie of 'unlimited'

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
ww
academic
ww

mailroomman wrote:

i have been using my wifes three data for streaming today and are main use was to watch netflix on are tv via tvout and total use so far 2.3 GB .

not even been throtteled never even a peep out of them .

its time to say goodbye GG and pay the £5 extra and kane the data and go back to three .

you even get 50 more mins than gg

You are lucky to get a 3 signal that is good enough.

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
ww
academic
ww

illy1965 wrote:

reading the email that giffgaff sent the op it would seem that they are contradicting themselves, in one sentence they say they heavy usage is affecting other users then they tell them to get a gigabag if they want to use up that amount of data. they need to come clean and admit it has nothing to do with affecting other users it's to do with how much money they are costing giffgaff. after all if the op followed their advice and purchased a gigabag and used it in a dongle they would still be using the same mast and affecting other users in the same way as using a normal sim on a goodybag

Exactly

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
ww
academic
ww

mailroomman wrote:
 Speaking of wich o2 have been testing 4g in London at speeds of 30-40 Mbs

yeah but I bet it will have a cap

Get a free Giffgaff Sim