Contribute

wman2
Topics: 206
Kudos: 2,648
Best Answers: 1,173

Re: giffgaff is changing...

mary_r_t wrote:
Meh...knew I'd forget someone...I'll have to grovel...

Lol I forgive you :smileytongue:

Get a FREE giffgaff SIM or MICRO SIM with £5 FREE CREDIT included! Click Here!
dabbler
therugbyhonke

@mary_r_t I guess you're right.

And I'm on there too, hence the idea :smileytongue: 

exemplar
martyjw

mgb2 wrote: surely as a web based company giffgaffs own site is the place for this rather than anywhere else?

putting another site & level of communication in will inevitably slow things down & lead to people shouting about being excluded? there's no reason to use other sites at all.

Sorry the internet is the way you communicate with people and has always been. It's the same reason Live TV now pick up on more on twitter than giving out a network branded email address. Its where people are and how to target them. Blimey a community could even live off a massive group IRC chat. If you receive a message on a service you use then thats better than adding another service a user has to check. Its a balance of Input and Output channels but that's getting onto another subject and far off-topic:smileytongue: 

newcomer
theaviator

Re: giffgaff is changing...INEVITABLY

So I joined giffgaff, a brilliant marketing idea created by O2. Kudos to O2 for coming up with it and now why did I join.....because I saw it on TV.   Never heard of it before.  Its half the price of the Vodafone pay and go for the right amount of minutes.  Free texts, not interetsed as everyone I know uses some kind of iChat/bbm so texts are history.  Unlimited internet, well i use about 350Mb a month, so again, more than i'll ever need. For a £10.

I dont care about the community. All I care about is I get calls, emails and ichat.  You are going to get loads more just like me.

Its a business. Its there to MAKE MONEY.  Feel conned?  Feel left out?  That's life. That's capitalism, that's marketing.   Once they got you on the price - that is why you really came isn't it?....You expected what? That they would stick by what they said?  Like politicians, or bankers, or marketing directors and their agencies?

You've all been had. Just enjoy the low prices and chalk it up to naivety.

guru
suppers_ready

theaviator wrote:

So I joined giffgaff, a brilliant marketing idea created by O2. Kudos to O2 for coming up with it and now why did I join.....because I saw it on TV.   Never heard of it before.  Its half the price of the Vodafone pay and go for the right amount of minutes.  Free texts, not interetsed as everyone I know uses some kind of iChat/bbm so texts are history.  Unlimited internet, well i use about 350Mb a month, so again, more than i'll ever need. For a £10.

I dont care about the community. All I care about is I get calls, emails and ichat.  You are going to get loads more just like me.

Its a business. Its there to MAKE MONEY.  Feel conned?  Feel left out?  That's life. That's capitalism, that's marketing.   Once they got you on the price - that is why you really came isn't it?....You expected what? That they would stick by what they said?  Like politicians, or bankers, or marketing directors and their agencies?

:smileysad:

Feeling nostalgic, but don't hold out much hope that anyone will get it  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p80TKmV1xeQ

exemplar
martyjw

theaviator wrote:

While I understand using the community isn't to everyones cup of tea, and I expect the amount of users just generally signing up to have a higher percentage not touching here just after cheap calls, texts and data and a standard network. But thats a great thing about giffgaff you can be as much of a helpfull member as you want to be :smileyhappy: There should be and still is a purpose for the community, it wouldn't be a network run by you otherwise. I probably speak for all regulars and other members that they love helping, seeing giffgaff grow and there happy to do that, being rewarded for it too.

I don't think anyone here feels conned or had. This is a key part of the community debating what future the community takes, we all just pretty much love giffgaff a lot. I guess you recognise the shifts more from day to day depending how regular you are. It's nice to know what it looks like from the otherside though.

brulaw

Firstly ........  Well done Josh  , excellent post  , For some reason I had completely missed this thread until  now .

There have been some very interesting comments made  , and mostly  they are  positive and clearly made with the best interest of the network at heart , I'm of the opinion that  giffgaff does need to grow  , all businesses do , they have to expand and build the business ,  ( but hopefully  not at the expense of the ideals that were /  are at it's core  ) obviously  if they are going to survive they ultimately HAVE to make a profit  ( we all know that the funding is in place (  for a period of time  )   to enable the network to become established until that time arrives ) , hopefully  during the growth period  giffgaff wont out grow the very things that made them what they are  ......... From  my earliest time on here  I've been convinced that joining this network was one of the best decisions I've made , even the odd " blip" in the system has not changed that . 

PhotobucketPhotobucket
adept
edwyman

I definitely think they need to expand their support service more. I was quite surprised to see an advert on the tele the other day. I'd far rather they spent some time securing their base before they expand further. Over reaching has brought down companies and empires, it's making GG vulnerable.
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Answered your question? Select my answer as the solution.
head honcho
joshaw
Mobile Phone: Galaxy Nexus

@edwyman
Exactly my point. If your thinking that as a member even after watching the advert broadcast, maybe giffgaff got it wrong...
associate
xpygmie

I really do agree with you.
Spread the love, press the kudos button above (especially if I helped you!)

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Click above to have a free sim with £5 credit on and get a completely free nyan cat!