Help & Support

newcomer
petervideo

A second sim

I already have one sim working on my main smartphone and I want to put a second sim (that I already have) onto a reserve phone. I do not seem to be able to see how to do that. Thanks.

governor
richy99

Re: A second sim

you can only have 1 sim per account, you need to order a sim and setup a new account

These are my own personal opinions and do not necessarily reflect that of Giffgaff and their employees
Kudos: 4,958
Best Answers: 559

One sim one account - you will need a second account for your second sim :smileysad:
rudedog

You need to set up the 2nd sim with a new account and username, exactly the same way you have set up your current sim. You can use the same email address and card to pay for credit and goodybags though.

Reach for the stars if anyone has helped you :smileywink: Also Accept the best Solution :smileyhappy:
Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Copy this code to your website to display this banner!
Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Make your own banner at MyBannerMaker.com!
cheepnetwork
Topics: 340
Kudos: 512
Blog Posts: 0
Ideas: 78
Best Answers: 18

petervideo wrote:

I already have one sim working on my main smartphone and I want to put a second sim (that I already have) onto a reserve phone. I do not seem to be able to see how to do that. Thanks.

as has been said it's one sim per account you can still register a second sim to your address though.

a href="http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/cheepnetwork" target="_blank">Get a free giffgaff Sim

!st class sims/micro/nano avalible on request please PM
ahf
cicerone
ahf

sorry, you can only have 1 sim per account. But you can create another account on the same card
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
All SIMs include £5 free credit upon activation
davell
Topics: 12
Kudos: 70
Best Answers: 27

For a second sim (for a spare phone etc) I find the best way is to use the same username but add a 1 to it (petervideo1). You can also use the same account password. This makes things easier to remember. Did you get the second sim as a referral from your own account? If not I would order another by this method then you will get £5 free credit and 500 payback points.
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
scholar
lorri

petervideo wrote:

If your second sim was a replacement sim the first one will have been cancelled out, but if you just requested a second sim then you will have to open a second account and activate that sim with at least a £10 top up to get it working.

Photobucket
aurorata210
Topics: 17
Kudos: 120
Best Answers: 39

You can't have more than one Sim card on one account. you have toopen a new account to register your new Sim card.
newcomer
petervideo

Thanks for all the replies, much better than holding onto that irritating previous supplier's 'help' line.