novice
Best Answer

APN for iPhone

Since I joined up to giffgaff, I followed the advice to set up iPhone and installed the giffgaff profile.

As I have an unlocked Italian iphone, I often SIM-swap and find that the profile kinda takes over everything and is a bit of a hassle to adjust (though for some reason the APN giffgaff.com does not inhibit use of a 3IRL and 3UK SIM).

Today, this caused me no end of problems while trying to configure a brand-new 3 Italia iPad microSIM and, in order to get the latter to work, I had to remove the giffgaff profile. Once done, data flowed.

Now, having dispensed with that, I put the giffgaff back in for home use and instead of re-installing the giffgaff profile, I simply adjusted the APN from the default O2 one to the giffgaff one. It worked.

So -is that OK then?

Best Answer
Chosen by hazel22 (aka ggzelle (giffstaffer))
marvel

Re: APN for iPhone

[ Edited ]

the giffgaff access point is very similar to O2 anyway, only differing in name and username, so yes editing O2 is one way to set up

View Best Answer in original post

All Replies
Kudos: 229
Best Answers: 82

My advice would be to follow these instructions and hope for the best:

How to giffgaff an iPhone

Alex Barnes dotmedotuk
Best Answer
Chosen by hazel22 (aka ggzelle (giffstaffer))
marvel

[ Edited ]

the giffgaff access point is very similar to O2 anyway, only differing in name and username, so yes editing O2 is one way to set up