Help & Support

hilld2000
Kudos: 296

Re: Absolutely disgraceful

kimwilliams wrote:

its not a threat actually its a fact thats all

Ok fine.... Please let us know when it gets printed... I really would like to read it.

beginner
kimwilliams

my boyfriend is in the mobile industry and it is a law that the number should be ported within 48 hours and all networks agree to this

beginner
kimwilliams

im not having an arguement with you so please dont stress. if its not sorted out today then yes i will let you know when the article is written

benjohnmiller
Topics: 9
Kudos: 394
Best Answers: 113

When someone says that port-in failures are 'rare', to me that conjours up images of it happening 'rarely'. Here's the Oxford English Dictionary definition of rare:

"not done, seen, happening, etc. very often"

My port in failed. My Mother's port-in is currently in a failed state and it's currently day 7. A quick scan of these forums shows several similar reported cases over a 24/48hr period, including, of course, this one. Speak to a certain lady who's spirits soars and she'll tell you of her woes...

It is true that more port-ins are successful than the ones that fail.......but please don't get this confused with port in failures being rare. They happen with regular monotony and you can hopefully appreciate how frustrating it is for those concerned.

For the record, I am a big giffgaff fan and you'll see my record is one of promotion of the service but I'm also not afraid to constructively discuss any shortcomings.

"All you can take with you is that which you've given away"

beginner
kimwilliams

agreed

marvel
mickf

GG is getting some very well connected users at the moment, business executives, lawyers, high court barristers and now the families of news international employees.  It must be a sign of something.  Perhaps the op could get daddy to look in a few email accounts and let us know.

flaxvert
Kudos: 3,155
Best Answers: 957

newcomer
onemanz

[ Edited ]

hilld2000 wrote:

kimwilliams wrote:

like ive said in my messages my dad works for the sun so i can easily get something posted. im holding back though but tbh i have already writen the article titled giff naff. im so annoyed 

Do it then!    Don't hold back... Go for it....

Personally I couldn't care less if you go the that bastian of journalism (haha) the Sun or not.

May I point out however that this is a public forum and your article would hardly be a relevation as anybody and eveybody can already take whatever time the like to peruse the issues GiffGaff have on these boards.

That said, I am sure it would make you feel better (and probably important!)... So go for it.

(Aren't there rules in place to stop journalists using their positions for personal adavantage though?)

Unlike other networks, GiffGaff's issues are in the public arena for all to see.

How many other networks are that brave?

Having said all that... Your experience with GiffGaff has so far been poor and should not have happened.

I hope you get this resolved soon... If not, go ahead with your threat... I may even buy a copy of the Sun to read your article lol.

What is the point of going off on a rant? i thought these forums were for people to help each other?

theboy
Topics: 52
Kudos: 180
Best Answers: 17

I agree this shouldn't happen, and TBH, I think the agents that I've dealt with (only a couple) have been a waste of space - they seem to have a small set of prewritten replies, and if your query doesn't match, you get back a load of guff.

But to the member who said that all ports fail, not experienced that myself (I have 5 SIMS) or any of my recruits.

To the OP, hope you get it sorted, hopefully you will find it worthwhile :smileyhappy:. A word of advice - and I accept you are at the end of your tether - idle threats about papers/watchdog etc tend to do the opposite of what you hope. Advice from a wise old man.
beginner
kimwilliams

maybe smart arse