Help & Support

newcomer
milesr
Best Answer

Activation question

Hi everyone, I'm new here so apologies if this has been asked before (I have had a look but can't see the 2 issues combined). Can I activate my giff gaff sim card (account) before asking for a pac code from my current provider? Or will I not be able to change to my existing number once it's activated. I've just bought an iphone 4 that I've been told is unlocked so I'm going to try it with my new giff gaff sim card once activated but don't want to request a pac code to change the number yet if it isn't unlocked, as then I'd be left with my old phone which can't work with my giff gaff (not unlocked).
Can anyone offer any help or advice? Thanks, Miles
a0004uk
Topics: 0
Kudos: 230
Best Answers: 134

Re: Activation question

[ Edited ]

Yes you can activate your SIM crd and then request a PAC code later, no problem at all.

EDIT: hopefully the SIM you have is a Micro SIM to work in the iPhone. If not you may need to cut it down, or order one.

Photobucket
I also do full sized SIMS for BLACKBERRY etc ... Click Here
harima
Topics: 14
Kudos: 132
Best Answers: 45

Yes u can activate ur sim before transferring ur old number over to gg:smileyhappy:
see here for ihpone4 settings
http://bit.ly/giffgaffiphone4

If you wanted a free sim with £5 free credit,click the image below:smileyhappy:

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
andylamb
Kudos: 1,980
Best Answers: 833

You need an active GiffGaff account to use the PAC code. Once you do the transfer of the numbe rfrom your old network, the new number will assume all account details including existing credit.

So, yes go ahead and play!:smileyhappy:

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
johnnylager
Topics: 49
Kudos: 1,147
Best Answers: 293

You must have an active account to PAC your old number over. so go ahead and activate now.

You can ask for a PAC at anytime (as long as your old account is still active), and the PAC lasts for 30 days before it expires

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
guide
kiwatche

You can activate now and port your number over anytime you want. You wont lose any giffgaff credit or goodybags when you port
rayhoo
Topics: 22
Kudos: 3,969

milesr wrote:
Hi everyone, I'm new here so apologies if this has been asked before (I have had a look but can't see the 2 issues combined). Can I activate my giff gaff sim card (account) before asking for a pac code from my current provider? Or will I not be able to change to my existing number once it's activated. I've just bought an iphone 4 that I've been told is unlocked so I'm going to try it with my new giff gaff sim card once activated but don't want to request a pac code to change the number yet if it isn't unlocked, as then I'd be left with my old phone which can't work with my giff gaff (not unlocked).
Can anyone offer any help or advice? Thanks, Miles

In addition to the above, you can try your sim for signal in your phone before you register it.

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
newcomer
milesr

Wow thanks for the quick replies folks - it's greatly appreciated. I can now see why gg is the way to go with such a helpful community. No doubt i'll have a million more questions by the time I'm finished. Cheers again, Miles
augur
rong42

milesr wrote:
Wow thanks for the quick replies folks - it's greatly appreciated. I can now see why gg is the way to go with such a helpful community. No doubt i'll have a million more questions by the time I'm finished. Cheers again, Miles

just to say, there is a search box on the right hand side of the forum (just in case you had not noticed, I dont mean to be patronising or anything)

welcome to gg!