Help & Support

esss
Topics: 6
Kudos: 2
Best Answers: 2
Best Answer

After my number's been ported over, how long does it take for it to change under...?

"My giffgaff"? As I need to top up, and the instructions on the "Port your number" page tell me that I should wait until my mobile number under "My giffgaff" has changed from the original gg number to the new (existing) number that I've ported over. It's been over 24 hours since my number was ported over but the mobile number has not changed. I'd like to know how long does it usually take 'cos I need to top up..! Thanks.

contributor
ethani99

Re: After my number's been ported over, how long does it take for it to change under...?

Hi esss, :smileyhappy:

I don't think there will be a problem with topping up as this goes onto your account balance which I assume will stay the same, your only changing your number. :smileywink:

There is probably a report that gets run by the Porting Company which will confirm every number that was Ported over before the giff-staffers make the changes to your account. This would explain the 24 hour delay in getting it changed over on your my giffgaff account. In any case I think if you now have the use of your original number then your good to top up too. :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy:

Cheers,

Ethani99.

Kudos is always a nice reward for helping out in here! :smileywink: lol

Kudos: it's a giff and gaff thing so click the star peeps! :smileytongue: :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy:
counsellor
bigfatbball2

Re: After my number's been ported over, how long does it take for it to change under...?

Hi esss

just top up now, the credit is for your giffgaff account so it won't be affected by you porting your number in.

As I understand your number is already ported, it's only the "my giffgaff" page being a bit slow at updating itself - don't worry about it it should update itself in the next few days.

Bigfatbball2
Don't forget to check out the giffgaffer top tips section before posting
iPhone 4S 32GB White > HTC HD7 with Windows Phone 7 Mango
http://twitter.com/bigfatbball2
esss
Topics: 6
Kudos: 2
Best Answers: 2

That's great thanks a lot, just wanted to make sure before I paid. I have just topped up and it has been credited to my number.

simon69c
Topics: 7
Kudos: 451
Best Answers: 71

I had the same issue myself when I ported in the number (though I wasn't in a particular rush to top up my balance).  I ended up asking an agent to look into it and the number was updated shortly after - not sure if contacting the agent was strictly necessary but they had replied and said they would look into it prior to the number being updated.  It won't hurt to ask them anyway and it may be useful to them to know that the numbers are taking quite a while to update in the My giffgaff section so they can hopefully speed up the process.

Get a free Giffgaff SIM / microSIM
newcomer
rejwana35

I transferred my number over to giffgaff I wanted to no how long does it take for it to get transferred its been two days since??? if anyone can help me out it would be great  thanks

darrenpainter
Kudos: 12,905
Best Answers: 3,942

rejwana35 wrote:

I transferred my number over to giffgaff I wanted to no how long does it take for it to get transferred its been two days since??? if anyone can help me out it would be great  thanks

Do you mean its been two days since you submitted the request
Have you checked your messages from agents  http://bit.ly/giffgaffreplies