Help & Support

newcomer
m4rt1nt
Best Answer

Allow Adult Content on Phone

I have tried for weeks now to lift the bar on my phone I've even had a replacement sim card. I've had texts says :We've confirmed your age and you should now be able to access 18 rated content. Note that BlackBerry phones may take up to 24 hours. But I still cant access 18+ content . 

I've messaged agents and nothing is happening all you get ais a reply saying .

: Hi there Martin Thanks for contacting the giffgaff team about the removal of the adult restriction on your account and sorry to hear about the issues you have had with this.

I've recruited 4 people on to giffgaff I would think they would of helped me out. 

coach
ryaneberry

Re: Allow Adult Content on Phone

Keep on at them, usually they will sort it out if you keep asking nicely!
Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
head honcho
georgetown_82

it normally takes from 7 to 10 days. I assume working days
bluemoonbaz

Can be done in mins or days depends which agents get it and there workload give them another push
Get a free giffgaff Sim

http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Submit-Great-giffgaff-Ideas/blackberry-addon-fix-please-support/idi-p/3357539

harrybee1980
Topics: 27
Kudos: 1,615
Best Answers: 1,968

newcomer
m4rt1nt

I forgot to add ALL the people i recruited can access 18+ content and they havent removed the adult content bar.

newcomer
m4rt1nt

Thanks but Its been over 4 weeks

pen69
Topics: 50
Kudos: 638
Best Answers: 142

18+ adult restrictions (stops access to certain sites) can be removed with either a UK driving licence or Passport. The tool can be found under the phone settings  https://giffgaff.com/settings#adultcontent  Adult Content Control.

If you have neither of these then an agent can do this for you (see further down the page)

Passport

At the bottom of your passport there are two lines with many chevrons (“<“). Each one of them have 44 characters in total. Enter all the characters on each line including the chevrons on the two boxes provided. The first line only includes letters and chevrons whereas second one starts with number and also has letters.

Format

P<GBRAAAAAAA<<AAAAAAA<AAAAAAA<AAAAAAA<AAAAAA      - first line (box)

9999999999GBR9999999F9999999<<<<<<<<<<<<<<99             - second line (box)

Driving Licence

Enter your full UK Driving Licence number, which you will find in line 5 of your licence. It’s 18 characters long and includes a combinations of letters and numbers.

Don’t forget to include the numbers at the end and don't include a space.

Eg. SMITH741345AB8CC31

Note that for the older style (paper) driving licences you need to use the issue number (you can find this on a different/inner page) for the final 2 numbers.

TOP TIP is to type the details in another area first to check thoroughly and then copy and paste into the box/es.  Then if the system rejects the input as invalid you can just make any changes necessary and re-paste into the box/es and try again.

If you get the dreaded gremlins page then try these suggestions that have worked for some people.

Clear cache and cookies
Try another browser.

You also need to restart your phone for it to take effect.

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
You can choose any type of sim here. ;-)
spiritshadowx
Topics: 13
Kudos: 151
Best Answers: 54

Priorities do not change depending on how many people you invite as that can be seen as discrimination, and they do give you money for referrals. 

As for the block, I recall earlier seeing an agent response saying that Ofcom does not allow them to withdraw the block manually or without identication, so you may need to give the adult content filter option in your 'My Giffgaff' section again. Sorry to hear that this has been a bother to you.

One hopes that thy impetuous lexicological ramblings have assisted with thine technical quandary,
Giffgaff Helper
Wish to contact me? Feel free to send me a PM! I don't bite!

Posted from ASDA Smart Price Toaster
newcomer
m4rt1nt

Ok thanks. But the 4 people ive gave sim cards to can access adult content. they havent removed any block.