Help & Support

newcomer
quixotic
Best Answer

Anyone with a Blackberry ......

Do any of you own a Blackberry? is it possible to send and recieve MMS with a giffgaff sim? I'm having problems with mines, I know there are quite a few people in general having MMS problems but i'm just wondering as I can't send or recieve, if it's just not possible to do so with a Blackberry and a giffgaff sim so if any Blackberry users can let me know if it's possible then i'd very much appreciate it as then i'd know there's either a settings issue or provider issue etc.

Also i've done the whole text settings to 2020 and that doesn't work and i've also been linked to the settings pages a lot/blackberry settings pages so i've been through all this, to anyone thinking of telling me again, as much as I appreciate being told, i've been through it all already.

alexb38
Kudos: 226
Best Answers: 81

Re: Anyone with a Blackberry ......

Hi!

I don't have a Blackberry myself, but I found this thread if it helps?

How to giffgaff a Blackberry

:smileyhappy:

Alex Barnes dotmedotuk
mentor
geekonthepc

If it's anything to do with Blackberry Internet Services, sadly no. giffgaff doesn't support them at the moment.

A little bit lost with your new network? Have a look at my handcrafted online manual - head over to the giffgaff bible. It explains everything you need to know. :smileyhappy:

That little star on the left can make my day :smileyhappy:. If I've said something that's useful, feel free to press it. Thank you. :smileyhappy:
newcomer
quixotic

I'm starting to think no one reads exactly what has been said............... i'm wanting a response from people who use giffgaff on their Blackberry, not to be linked to pages that i've been linked to a hundred times before, this isn't a problem with internet.

newcomer
quixotic

I'm starting to think I may need BIS for this to work, I just thought I would of been told that when I got two responses from sending the advisor form to giffgaff about the problem... I know that applications wont work on the Blackberry as BIS is needed for all of them.

counsellor
danielclo1il
Mobile Phone: iPhone 4 32GB White

you can download another browser to use the giffgaff internet on a bb i believe, is that any use to you?

Thanks
Dann

newcomer
quixotic

After asking on a Blackberry forum, i've been told that BIS is needed for MMS and for most of the Blackberry uses *which I knew, I just didn't think MMS would be one* only reason i'm using the Blackberry is until I get an iphone, after reading a lot of rumours of a new one being released it would just be my luck to buy a 3GS then the new one would be released.

theshadowman
Kudos: 538
Best Answers: 134
Mobile Phone: iPhone 5 64GB

quixotic wrote:

After asking on a Blackberry forum, i've been told that BIS is needed for MMS and for most of the Blackberry uses *which I knew, I just didn't think MMS would be one* only reason i'm using the Blackberry is until I get an iphone, after reading a lot of rumours of a new one being released it would just be my luck to buy a 3GS then the new one would be released.

Steve Jobs will be announcing the relaease of the iPhone 4 at a conference on Monday at 6pm UK time.

I would guess that it will be in shops not too long after, so if you're willing to shell out for it wait until that's released.

novice
webcash

In effect everything n a blackberry that is data related goes through the servers in the canada thereby stopping mms from working.On saying that though i have managed to recieve mms on a blackberry that i know does now have the bis service attached (it was an 8520 on vodafone) so perhaps things are slowly changing but in general without the bis service a blackberry is simply an efficient text and phone call machine 

Peter