newcomer
Best Answer

Anyone with a Blackberry ......

Do any of you own a Blackberry? is it possible to send and recieve MMS with a giffgaff sim? I'm having problems with mines, I know there are quite a few people in general having MMS problems but i'm just wondering as I can't send or recieve, if it's just not possible to do so with a Blackberry and a giffgaff sim so if any Blackberry users can let me know if it's possible then i'd very much appreciate it as then i'd know there's either a settings issue or provider issue etc.

Also i've done the whole text settings to 2020 and that doesn't work and i've also been linked to the settings pages a lot/blackberry settings pages so i've been through all this, to anyone thinking of telling me again, as much as I appreciate being told, i've been through it all already.

Kudos: 229
Best Answers: 82

Re: Anyone with a Blackberry ......

Hi!

I don't have a Blackberry myself, but I found this thread if it helps?

How to giffgaff a Blackberry

Smiley Happy

Alex Barnes dotmedotuk
mentor

If it's anything to do with Blackberry Internet Services, sadly no. giffgaff doesn't support them at the moment.

A little bit lost with your new network? Have a look at my handcrafted online manual - head over to the giffgaff bible. It explains everything you need to know. Smiley Happy

That little star on the left can make my day Smiley Happy. If I've said something that's useful, feel free to press it. Thank you. Smiley Happy
newcomer

I'm starting to think no one reads exactly what has been said............... i'm wanting a response from people who use giffgaff on their Blackberry, not to be linked to pages that i've been linked to a hundred times before, this isn't a problem with internet.

newcomer

I'm starting to think I may need BIS for this to work, I just thought I would of been told that when I got two responses from sending the advisor form to giffgaff about the problem... I know that applications wont work on the Blackberry as BIS is needed for all of them.

counsellor
Mobile Phone: iPhone 4 32GB White

you can download another browser to use the giffgaff internet on a bb i believe, is that any use to you?

Thanks
Dann

newcomer

After asking on a Blackberry forum, i've been told that BIS is needed for MMS and for most of the Blackberry uses *which I knew, I just didn't think MMS would be one* only reason i'm using the Blackberry is until I get an iphone, after reading a lot of rumours of a new one being released it would just be my luck to buy a 3GS then the new one would be released.

Kudos: 544
Best Answers: 135
Mobile Phone: iPhone 5 64GB

quixotic wrote:

After asking on a Blackberry forum, i've been told that BIS is needed for MMS and for most of the Blackberry uses *which I knew, I just didn't think MMS would be one* only reason i'm using the Blackberry is until I get an iphone, after reading a lot of rumours of a new one being released it would just be my luck to buy a 3GS then the new one would be released.

Steve Jobs will be announcing the relaease of the iPhone 4 at a conference on Monday at 6pm UK time.

I would guess that it will be in shops not too long after, so if you're willing to shell out for it wait until that's released.

Highlighted
novice

In effect everything n a blackberry that is data related goes through the servers in the canada thereby stopping mms from working.On saying that though i have managed to recieve mms on a blackberry that i know does now have the bis service attached (it was an 8520 on vodafone) so perhaps things are slowly changing but in general without the bis service a blackberry is simply an efficient text and phone call machine 

Peter