Help & Support

beginner
cwuz
Best Answer

BBM on giffgaff?

I have a few questions,

If i bought the 1GB blackberry package and used up the 1GB internet, would BBM still work? Or doesnt that come out of the data?

If it does come out of the data, whats the point if paying the £2.50 for the blackberry package??

Can i use bbm without the £2.50 package? With just a normal goodybag??

Thank you.
usmanozzy786
Topics: 1,060
Kudos: 1,727
Blog Posts: 0
Ideas: 82
Best Answers: 602

Re: BBM on giffgaff?

If u have the new bb phone then they allow free BBM however older ones u have to buy bb addon
Get a free giffgaff Sim
student
allsaints

must be bought same time

instructor
presty101

Yea must be bought separately
chaperon
zubair1997

Blackberry
http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Learn-giffgaff-Top-Tips/How-to-giffgaff-a-Blackberry/ta-p/3520913

If you can reached to your far left you will see a Gold Star, if you think i have helped please dont hesitate to click it and if you think i have answered your question click on 'Accept as solution' cheers

Get a free giffgaff Sim
suzzuki1
Topics: 16
Kudos: 117
Best Answers: 4

yes you can use with out £2.
50 add on but you would have to use opera browser only. but its up to you. hope this is what you wanted .:smileywink:
Get a free giffgaff Sim
1zara1
Topics: 6
Kudos: 164
Best Answers: 41

If yiu run out of data you can't buy another goody bag till yhe expiry date of the current one
But you can use Internet and it would cost you 2p per MB till the expiry date of the current one
You can buy goody bag + bb add on at tge same time to use internet
But if you want to get only goody bag
Yes you can
And for internet only fownload Opera mini app
Its free (connect to wifi for download)
Then surf the net
tlcshop
Topics: 2
Kudos: 232
Best Answers: 75

The point of the BB add-on is that it allows access to the official blackberry services (except on BB10 phones which don't need it and should work automatically).
If you don't have the add-on then blackberry services such as BBM and the official apps and push email will not work. You can still use the internet through apps like Opera and use your own webmail Hotmail email etc.

I don't know if it comes out of your 1BG or not, but don't think it does if you are in the UK, and if you go abroad you get a very small daily allowance. The main point of the £2.50 isn't unlimited internet, its to use the official BB services which giffgaff get charged extra for.
sharondaniela
Topics: 1
Kudos: 20
Best Answers: 2

only the newest blackberry handsets work with the internet, older handsets require the blackberry add on to be purchased at the same time as a goody bag. it cannot be added after your goody bag has gone live
student
sobia1995

if its a modern phone then bbm is free