Help & Support

newcomer
poxipol
Best Answer

Blackberry Curve 9320 Initialisation Failed

I recently have gotten the Blackberry Curve 9320, in Tesco, in o2. I know that o2 simlocked phones have no problems with giffgaff sims, so I didn't even hesitate. Straight away, I put in my old giff gaff card, and a bold 'Initialisation failed' pops up on the top of the screen, with SOS signal. I've looked at the giffgaff blackberry tutorials, but they seem to say nothing about this problem.

Anyway, I decided to check if maybe I somehow need to unblock the antenna, and put in the o2 card that came in the box. That one works fine : /

Have I overlooked something? Searching for networks takes ages, and then it just says that it timed out.

Thank you in advance.

endorphin
Kudos: 8,222
Best Answers: 6,076

Re: Blackberry Curve 9320 Initialisation Failed

Unfortunately some Tesco phones locked to O2 will not work with GG SIMs. Can you test your SIM in another phone to check it is still working?
Get a free giffgaff SIM/microSIM/nanoSIM with free £5 credit
mickf

Tesco double lock their phones so you ned to get it unlocked by them.

newcomer
poxipol

[ Edited ]

Thank you. Yes the sim works perfectly fine.
This is horribly annoying, since I was double checking whether giffgaff works on o2, and when I got the answer 'Yes', it didn't come across my mind how bloody difficult Tesco can be. Sigh. I don't want to lose my warranty byunlocking the phone, but at the same time, it was bought with coupons.