Help & Support

rookie
jckemp
Best Answer

Blackberry reset.

Can someone tell me how to do a factory reset on a blackberry?

I have been having problems sending email's (I have 2 email accounts set up and one works fine) and have been told that this is the only way to solve the issue. Although if anyone has any other ideas to resolve my issue they would be most appreciated as backing all my stuff up is going to be a complete pain!  :smileyhappy:

I have a goodybag, signal and working internet and like I say I can send them from one account just not the other.....

Get a free giffgaff Sim
navigator
elliotlyons

Re: Blackberry reset.

courtsoph09
Topics: 64
Kudos: 149
Best Answers: 57

Go to Options > Security > General > Press Menu > Wipe Handheld.

Hope I helped.
PLEASE CLICK "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" IF I ANSWERED YOUR QUESTION & ALSO PLEASE CLICK THE GOLD STAR BELOW MY NAME:smileyhappy: THANK YOU!
seer
giffgafful

[ Edited ]

Before you try a hard reset, try deleting the problematic email account from your phone and set it up again from scratch. Make sure you know all the settings are correct.

Edit: Let us know what email provider is giving you problems, and we will help you with the settings. If you are using an ISP's settings, replace the SMTP server with smtp.o2.co.uk

bluemoonbaz

How to reset a BlackBerry smartphone
January 17, 2012 @ 2:34 pm › Ty W.
↓ Skip to comments

Some useful information every savvy BlackBerry® smartphone owner should know is how to reset their device. A reset of a BlackBerry smartphone is a troubleshooting method that completely turns off and restarts the operating system software and applications of a BlackBerry smartphone. In terms of troubleshooting, it is a useful first step if a BlackBerry smartphone is experiencing hardware, software, or wireless network issues.
There are two options when performing a reset: a hard reset or a soft reset. The difference between the two is that performing a hard reset involves removing the battery temporarily, whereas when performing a soft reset, a key combination is used to reset the BlackBerry smartphone.
Both options accomplish the same goal – restarting the BlackBerry smartphone – but an important thing to know is that a soft reset can only be performed on BlackBerry smartphones with a QWERTY keyboard, such as the BlackBerry® Bold™ 9900 smartphone
 or BlackBerry® Torch™ 9810 smartphone

Note: Before performing either reset method listed below, ensure any open documents, emails or files are closed.
Performing a Hard Reset
As mentioned earlier, if you are using a BlackBerry smartphone that does not contain a QWERTY keyboard such as the BlackBerry® Torch™ 9850 smartphone
, you can only perform a hard reset as a soft reset isn’t possible. The Hard Reset method of resetting a BlackBerry smartphone applies to every BlackBerry smartphone.
To perform a hard reset, complete the following steps.
Remove the battery cover from the back of the BlackBerry smartphone
Remove the battery, and then reinsert it after a few seconds
Replace the battery cover.
Performing a Soft Reset
A soft reset is a three-key combination that resets the BlackBerry smartphone without removing the battery. As mentioned previously, it is only available on BlackBerry smartphone models with a QWERTY keyboard, such as the BlackBerry Bold 9900 smartphone or BlackBerry Torch 9810 smartphone.
To perform a soft reset, complete the following steps.
Press and hold the Alt key (1)
While holding down the Alt key, press and hold the Right Shift key (2)
With both of those buttons still pressed, press the Backspace/Delete key (3)
When the screen turns off to indicate that the BlackBerry smartphone is restarting, you can then release the keys you have been holding.

A few more things you should know about the reset process:
Performing a reset does not remove any data
To fully remove data from a BlackBerry smartphone, you will need to perform a security wipe. To learn more, check out our post on What is a Security Wipe and when should I use it?

Performing a reset does not remove an IT Policy if one exists. To learn how to do so, check out KB14202 – How to remove an IT policy from a BlackBerry smartphone
 which can be found in the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center
Get a free giffgaff Sim

http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Submit-Great-giffgaff-Ideas/blackberry-addon-fix-please-support/idi-p/3357539

contributor
remz93

marvel
jumbo4

rookie
jckemp

Thanks, i'll give this a go and let you know :smileyhappy:

Get a free giffgaff Sim
usmanozzy786