Help & Support

newcomer
jjjamie011

Block Withheld Phone Numbers

Hi I need to block withheld phone numbers coming to my phone, how do i do this?

aiya_x
Topics: 3
Kudos: 53
Best Answers: 14

Re: Block Withheld Phone Numbers

you'll have to call up the phone company and see if they can manually block the number that's phoning you. not sure if it
will work since it's a withheld number but it's worth a try :smileyhappy:
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
governor
usmaanh1990

i dont think giffgaff support this. but i think an agent may be able to do this for you. use this link to contact them
http://support.giffgaff.com/app/ask

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
helper
manda2011

What type of phone do you have?
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
tutor
samirah1990

http://support.giffgaff.com/app/ask

contact an agen an ask them nicely if they can do it for you

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
helper
manda2011

Giffgaff can't put a block on private numbers, the only way to stop them is to change your number! Or if you have an android phone there's free apps available to block unknown and unwanted numbes
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
pathfinder
laurenm

If you're getting nuisance calls you can have your number changed. I'd only recommend this if it's been going on a long time though.
Don't forget to choose a solution for your problem and award kudos appropriately! :smileyhappy:

Get a free Giffgaff Sim

expert
samsams88

if youre on an iphone and youre willing to jailbreak theres an app called iblacklist which does that amongst other things :smileyhappy: also i believe certain other phones have the functionality built in...
Get a free Giffgaff SimGet a free Giffgaff Sim
scholar
canary1

Unfortunately this is beyond giffgaffs control and they will be unable to assist you.

associate
davidoff59

I think they will be able to help you as if you look at the terms and conditions,

18.1. You authorise us to use and disclose, in the UK and abroad, information about you, your use of the Service (including, but not limited to, phone numbers/email addresses of calls, texts and other communications "Communications" made and received by you and the date, duration, time and cost of such Communications) 

Im not sure if they will help you, but they keep track of your phone usage so they should know the numbers of those calling you on a private no, so in theory, they could block them. It may be a lot of work but its possible. 

Get a free Giffgaff Sim