Help & Support

newcomer
chrismath
Best Answer

Bombarded by msgs from 85878

Hi

I am getting txts from 85878... saying I am subscribed to CelltaunBabes at £3 per week. If I try to send STOP as detailed in the txt I get a msg (from GiffGaff or O2?) saying this will be expensive.

Firstly, I havent subscribed ( unlikely as I am a gay man!! lol)

Scondly it seems that I cant check if the £3 is being deducted as I cant find a way to see a detailed breakdown anywhere of my calls or txts

Can anyone help?

thanks

chris

elbubsio
Topics: 22
Kudos: 618
Best Answers: 417

Re: Bombarded by msgs from 85878

[ Edited ]

Hi Chris,

Has any money been taken from your account?  I've done a bit of checking and it appears this is likely a scam to get you to send the STOP text so they can charge you for that.  See here for some more info -

http://www.smswatchdog.com/text-message-from/85878/1

Hope that helps :smileywink:

Don't forget to give kudos to answers that help you and mark the best answer to help others.
PM me for a free SIM sent out 1st class.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
sullyman525
Kudos: 164
Best Answers: 31

did the text go through when you repleid STOP?

has your balance changed on my giffgaff?

veteran
phil_72

Oh dear. That's got scam written all over it.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
elbubsio

[ Edited ]

Hi again,

Just as a thought, there's a number to call in that link I provided that apparently stops them and gets you a refund if you've had money taken, but for now, may I advise you to convert any credit you have into a goodybag.  That way you won't have enough credit forthem to take if they try :smileyvery-happy:

That should stop any shennanigans until you can cancel it. :smileywink:

Don't forget to give kudos to answers that help you and mark the best answer to help others.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
newcomer
chrismath

Thanks for replying,

how do i check my account..all i have seen is a giffgaff txtt now and then saying my balance is changing..i dont know if this is because of the £3 . I didnt send the STOP msg  because of the warning.

i will follow the link thanks to see what that advises

thanks

newcomer
chrismath

Hi again too lol

thanks for that... i've an auto matic top set up for my existing goodybag to cover any additional charges not covered in the goodybag and i think its this that may be being eroded...but i'll try n check through the link posted

adept
fathimakhanom66

Go on the link
The babes one and at the bottom of the site there will be the subscription info
Go on that and xancel it
You might have accidently subscribed whilst watching gay stuff
elbubsio

Hi,

As a PAYG network, the only way to get an itemised bill is to pay £10 and order one.  The only other thing I can suggest is to turn off auto top ups (for PAYG) credit, if you have that and keep a close eye on how much data etc you're using.  This is why the goodybag thing would work.  If you've got no charges coming out of your credit, you should spot a £3 charge pretty easily :smileyhappy:

Get a free giffgaff Sim
associate
ray67griffiths

I had same thing contact any agent and change your number you won't need a new sim or loose any goody bag you have active it doesn't take long