Help & Support

janni_b
Topics: 47
Kudos: 198
Best Answer

Buying goody bag from airtime credit

I have been topping up my credit each month then buying a goody bag. When I top up I know I will get 3 months free GG to GG calls and texts. I also know I get free calls and texts to GG numbers when I buy a goody bag. What I would like to know, if I have airtime credit in my account but haven't topped up during the previous three months, if I 'buy' a goody bag with that airtime credit, will I still get free calls and texts to other Giffgaff numbers? The reason I'm asking is that I am due to get some payback next month and I was going to take this as airtime credit then use that to buy my next couple of £10 goody bags but I would still like to have the free giffgaff calls and texts.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
bonusball

Re: Buying goody bag from airtime credit

Free to giffgaff:
You need to top-up or buy a goodybag from your credit card at least every 3 months to receive free giffgaff to giffgaff calls, The free giffgaff to giffgaff calls last for 60 minutes per call, so you need to hang up and re-dial if you want to keep talking.

endorphin
Kudos: 7,672
Best Answers: 5,812

No, it has to be new money and not using existing airtime credit to get the free calls.

Get a free giffgaff SIM/microSIM/nanoSIM with free £5 credit
amirul16
Topics: 52
Kudos: 42
Best Answers: 15

every 3 months u need to top up
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
sydbrazil1
Topics: 133
Kudos: 496
Best Answers: 161

Read the below guide, it should answer all your questions about free GG to GG Calls

Giffgaff to Giffgaff Info
http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Learn-giffgaff-Top-Tips/gg-to-gg-free-allowance-and-the-effects-of-...
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
rayhoo
Topics: 22
Kudos: 4,112

janni_b wrote:
I have been topping up my credit each month then buying a goody bag. When I top up I know I will get 3 months free GG to GG calls and texts. I also know I get free calls and texts to GG numbers when I buy a goody bag. What I would like to know, if I have airtime credit in my account but haven't topped up during the previous three months, if I 'buy' a goody bag with that airtime credit, will I still get free calls and texts to other Giffgaff numbers? The reason I'm asking is that I am due to get some payback next month and I was going to take this as airtime credit then use that to buy my next couple of £10 goody bags but I would still like to have the free giffgaff calls and texts.

Your payback would work for one time only, see here for more detail:  http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Learn-giffgaff-Top-Tips/gg-to-gg-free-allowance-and-the-effects-of-...

Get a free Giffgaff Sim

Gen. note: Text "PASS" to 43430 to confirm your username, account e-mail address, and to receive a password reset link.
simmsreece

janni_b
Topics: 47
Kudos: 198

Thanks for all responses. Bit clearer now. I knew payback only counted once as top up. I could see that goodybag gave free gg to gg. Now i know you still have to use card
to top up or buy goodybag every 3 months to benefit. Not a problem. Still a great deal.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
sydbrazil1
Topics: 133
Kudos: 496
Best Answers: 161

[ Edited ]
Glad the link helped you
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
darrenlit1994
Topics: 23
Kudos: 1
Best Answers: 1

No, it has to be new money and not using existing airtime credit to get the free calls.