Help & Support

newcomer
sz3cv8
Best Answer

Cant get my Blackberry 8520 Internet to work

GiffGaff staff can offer NO support on the below, so I'm hoping someone out there can help me otherwise I will be forced to cancel my account as I'm NOT Getting something that I'm paying for !

I had resolved an earlier issue with the internet not working, but it's now re-surfaced, I can listen to radio etc using apps such as Tunein , however, when i click on the internet browser icon I get the message "Unable to connect to the internet, please try later. If the problem persists contact your service provider". I have tried in another Blackberry and get the same message. E-mail and all other services are working fine.Please advise

I tried updating the software on my blackberry from the website and it says "There are no Blackberry Device updates available".. The internet is still not working.. It seems pointless for me to have the blackberry service with GiffGaff when I can't access the internet, so I am now considering cancelling my account - since this is the only way you can support me (which isn't very helpful to be quite frank).

ellie2001
Topics: 2
Kudos: 63
Best Answers: 45

Re: Cant get my Blackberry 8520 Internet to work

Follow this guide for setting up your BlackBerry phone for use on the giffgaff network.

http://support.giffgaff.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/588/kw/blackberry

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Topics: 1
Kudos: 9
Best Answers: 3

Mine has done that a few times,i found that if you pull the battery and reboot it should work

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Copy this code to your website to display this banner!
newcomer
sz3cv8

I tried everything here but alas nowt worked !!!!!!!!!!!!!
newcomer
sz3cv8

somebody said "Use Opera Mini for Internet" - does anyone know how i can get that please ?
newcomer
sz3cv8

thanks angusmcbigstick - i've done numerous battery pulls... i've now resorted to hair pulling !!!!!!!!!!!
Topics: 1
Kudos: 9
Best Answers: 3

just found this,it is not my work but someone else on this forum just thought it might help you out

first of all use opera mini 6.5 download here:www.opera.com/mobile/

then follows this:

you don't have a zip file manager program such as winzip or winrar to do it with,download 7zip,it's fre and handles all zip files.

Once you unzip it you'll have a folder with an "alx" and a "cod" file in it.

Using the add/remove applications function of BDM,click "browse" and in the box that opens navigate to and double click the Opera "alx"file which will then be added to the list of programs to be installed.

Then click "next" then "finish" and BDM will add Opera to your phonre

Copy this code to your website to display this banner!
vanguard
becky77

Text settings to 2020
kudos me if i helped
newcomer
sz3cv8

becky77 - not really got text with link... http://giff.ly/gg_blackberry which puts me back to http://support.giffgaff.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/588 which i already had. thanks anyway
newcomer
sz3cv8

thanks i will try this later