Help & Support

newcomer
realjumy
Best Answer

Changing to GiffGaff

Sorry if this post is duplicated, but I was no able to find the answer to this question.

Currently I have an O2 pay as you go simcard, with NO CREDIT.

I just received a new Giffgaff simcard, and I have £5 for my friend's referral plus £10 of a voucher to activate it.

I want to transfer my old number from O2 to Giffgaff, but... What happens with the £15 in my Giffgaff simcard? Will I lose it? Or it will be added once transfered? In the website I only find answer to what happens to the credit in the old simcard, but nowere describes what happens with the Giffgaff credit.

Thanks in advance.

fred_flintstone
Topics: 12
Kudos: 939
Best Answers: 545

Re: Changing to GiffGaff

Hi
Only your number will change after transfer
Nothing else you will still have the credit
isabel1066
Topics: 236
Kudos: 1,172
Best Answers: 247

when you transfer your number the credit etc stays only the number changes and welcome to gg.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
enigma
natty88

You wont lost it m8 you need pac code form 02 to transfer number
Get a free giffgaff SimGet 5 pounds free click banner
dalan
Topics: 116
Kudos: 5,460
Best Answers: 3,936

You won,t loose anything.
You must activate your giffgaff sim before your can fill in the number transfer form.
Use the link below.
http://giffgaff.com/support/transfer

Remember number transfers not not take place on weekends.

Here is a full guide to tranfering your old network number over to giffgaff.

http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Getting-started/How-do-I-keep-my-mobile-number/ta-p/3521127

90% of number transfers are completed by 3pm.
You will lose service during the transfer.
All your account details reappear once its done. You will not loose any credit or goodybags.
It can take until 9.00pm complete, switch the phone off/on,
every hour or so to let you know when its done.

You can check the progress of your number transfer on the link below

https://giffgaff.com/support/transfer

If I helped click ''solutions and kudos'' thanks.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Click Banner Above For A Free Sim Or Micro Sim With £5 Credit.
instructor
clinteastwood50

Your number replacing the giffgaff number will have the same benifits when you transfer
Nothing to worry about really
dazoo
Topics: 13
Kudos: 497

All on giffgaff account will remain after transfer of other number credit/goodybag so on all have different is the number ported in on account.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
figment_uk
Kudos: 3,169
Best Answers: 2,008

realjumy wrote:

Sorry if this post is duplicated, but I was no able to find the answer to this question.

Currently I have an O2 pay as you go simcard, with NO CREDIT.

I just received a new Giffgaff simcard, and I have £5 for my friend's referral plus £10 of a voucher to activate it.

I want to transfer my old number from O2 to Giffgaff, but... What happens with the £15 in my Giffgaff simcard? Will I lose it? Or it will be added once transfered? In the website I only find answer to what happens to the credit in the old simcard, but nowere describes what happens with the Giffgaff credit.

Thanks in advance.

You always lose any remaining credit when you port out from a network

You never lose credit when you port in to a network.

The full transfer process explained:

You cannot start the transfer process unless you have an activated SIM card, and you cannot have an activated SIM card unless you add a top-up or goodybag.

Unless you're intending to use the temporary giffgaff number until your other number is ported over, I'd suggest you activate the SIM by adding airtime credit only (not a goodybag) and then buying the goodybag after the port in is completed.

To bring your mobile number to giffgaff,  you need to:

1. Activate and top-up a giffgaff SIM - this will give you a new (albeit temporary) number. The credit you add now will be carried forward when the port is complete, so you won't lose it.

2. Contact your current Service Provider and request a PAC (Porting Authorisation Code) to transfer (port-out) your number to another network.PACs are valid for 30 days from the issue date.

Network

Freephone Number

Details

Vodafone0808 0945945Direct line to PAC department
    Orange0800 0797777Direct line to PAC department
    O20800 0288151Ask for "Retentions"
    T-Mobile0808 1219999Choose Option 2, then ask for "Retentions"
    30800 3586796Choose Option 2, then ask for "Retentions"
    Tesco Mobile0800 4334990Ask to be put through to Customer Services, then "Retentions"
    Asda Mobile0800 9520101Choose Option 1, then 3, then 4, then 1
    Virgin Mobile0808 1008282Ask to be put through to Customer Services
    Talk Mobile0800 0494401Ask to be put through to Customer Services
    Lyca Mobile0800 6527566Ask for "Retentions"
    Lebara Mobile020 7031 0791No freephone number (sorry) - say you need your PAC code
    Vectone Mobile020 7179 0134No freephone number (sorry) - say you need your PAC code
    Family Mobile0800 112 4350 Say you need your PAC code
    iCard Mobile0207 870 5722

Say you need your PAC code

3. Make sure your giffgaff account and SIM has been fully activated - allow at least 24 hours after the SIM has started working before requesting the transfer. Trying before this may result in problems accessing the transfer request form.

4. Log in to your account, then go to:http://giffgaff.com/support/portin to complete the transfer request. The table below shows the earliest day you may request your number transfers, depending on the day/time your request is submitted.

Day of request

Request before 3pm,
    transfer on:

Request after 3pm,
    transfer on:

Saturday or Sunday

Tuesday

Tuesday

Monday

Tuesday

Wednesday

Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday

Wednesday

Thursday

Friday

Thursday

Friday

Monday

Friday

Monday

Tuesday

These guides provide full details of the process

http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Getting-started/How-do-I-keep-my-mobile-number/ta-p/3521127

http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Using-giffgaff/Porting-in-explained/ta-p/4221529

Please note:

• Remember to backup any contacts and data from your old SIM before proceeding with the transfer.
  • Transfers are only carried out on normal weekdays, not on Saturday, Sunday or public holidays. Requests submitted on a Public Holiday will have a transfer day two days later.
  • You can only transfer (port) a number from one UK network to a different UK network. You cannot port a number from one network to the same network (e.g. giffgaff to giffgaff), or to/from a non-UK provider's network.
  • giffgaff SIMs will only work in handsets which are either unlocked or SIM locked to O2. If locked to any other network you first need to have it unlocked.
newcomer
realjumy

Thanks all your your fast answer.  :smileywink:

bobrobinson
Topics: 141
Kudos: 2,219
Best Answers: 96

The answers above are correct so you dont have to worry. So all it leves me to say. I think yourv done the write thing changing to giffgaff. So a big warm welcome.If you come across any problems at all please dont hesitate to come back and ask.Theres always someone here 24/7 all eager to help. So welcome again and enjoy the world of giffgaff :smileywink:

Get a free giffgaff Sim