Help & Support

rookie
bluebabe
Best Answer

Cubot C7 and Micro SD card?

I've bought my first android (Cubot C7) and found my way around hints and tips on here to get my GG sim up and running (Thanks to the tech bods for their help), unfortunately loads of features on the phone wouldn't work until I add an SD card... I have now bought a Micro SD and fitted it snugly in the TF slot. Alas, the phone doesn't see it! With the help of the SD Adapter that came with the card, I've checked it in my desktop PC and it works fine. Can anyone suggest what I may be doing wrong? Or why it's not recognised in the phone?

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
counsellor
rhodeatlas

Re: Cubot C7 and Micro SD card?

Format the card on your computer and try again. Also how big memory wize is the card?

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
counsellor
rhodeatlas

It cud b phone will on recognise card upto a certain capacity

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
bengalknights
Topics: 26
Kudos: 2,845
Best Answers: 1,789

Try formatting or factory reset phone
Get a free giffgaff Sim
associate
5scoop

hi there, yeah the only thing i can think of is formatting the card and turn your fone on/off, have a read of the user manual, iv had a look on google and cant find anything else to help sorry
Did my answer help?dont forget the kudos button :-)
Get a free giffgaff Sim
rookie
bluebabe

[ Edited ]

Phone spec says up to 32gb microSD so I've bought 32gb. Using the SD adapter I have formated the card on my desktop PC but the phone still won't see it. I did notice that the card's system is FAT32 should it be NTFS in an android phone? I've never seen options to purchase system varients on SD cards.  Naturally the phone has to be turned off and the battery removed every time the SD card it put in or taken out. The phone menu says "Mount an SD card" I assume that simply means put it in the slot, or am I missing something?

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
rookie
bluebabe

Apparently the phone may be at fault :smileysad: It's on it's back to the store for a replacement. Thanks for all your suggestions but I'll try again when the new phone arrives lol

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
newcomer
slimshady12

i just bought exactly the same phone,when i inserted the sd card the phone didnt recognise it.when i went to format the card it told me no card was inserted.nice phone but not enough info on it so i did the next thing and sent it back to the supplier for a refund

rookie
bluebabe

The second (replacement) phone arrived with even more faults than the first. It went back to the supplier and I insisted on a full refund because "it wasn't fit for purpose".  I'm looking for something better now.

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
newcomer
harisattari1

hi there does cubot c7 work with giff gaff?
and since u had the phone can you tell me how the screen quality is and if ther is any defects i should know about