Help & Support

newcomer
ritta_popat

Data allowance

I have a message sayin g i have no data allowance, does this mean I have used my 1 gb quota? 

if so , how can i top again to access the internet?

it will not allow me to top up

many thanks

jenniferreed
Topics: 42
Kudos: 4
Best Answers: 0

Re: Data allowance

You would be better off buying a goody bag, 12quid for unlimited internet, texts and 250minutes. This network is literally the only network that means 'unlimited' I think there may be a top up option psurely for internet usage. Try going onto the top up page to look at your options.
amrob2
Topics: 12
Kudos: 335
Best Answers: 88

When you say it will not allow you to top up, are you trying to buy a new goodybag to replace the "empty" one or are you trying to buy airtime credit?

If you are trying to buy a new goodybag, you cannot as you can only have one goodybag a month.  You should be able to buy airtime credit though - are you using this link? https://giffgaff.com/buy when you click on "Top-up your number" does it work?  If not, what error messages do you see?

If someone has helped you to solve your problem, please remember to mark the "best answer" so that other members know your problem is resolved. Remember to give Kudos if someone has helped you :smileyhappy:
thesaint
Topics: 190

You can get data at 2p per mb until your next goodybag is active,but of course you'll need credit.

Les:smileyhappy:
alant

ritta_popat wrote:

I have a message sayin g i have no data allowance, does this mean I have used my 1 gb quota? 

many thanks

If you have used your data allowance, you can carry on using data on a PAYG basis at 2p/MB until the goodybag expires. To do that you will need to top-up with airtime credit (not another goodybag).

Check here for the status of your current goodybag https://giffgaff.com/dashboard

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
mathew40
Topics: 115
Kudos: 7,491
Blog Posts: 0
Ideas: 0
Best Answers: 4,373

Hi there and thanks for visiting the community.
You can check your remaining data,by clicking onto this link https://giffgaff.com/dashboard
goodybags & Gigabags last for one month at a time,and can NOT be cancelled part way through unfortunately.Even if you have used all your allowance early,(before your expiry date),you now have to WAIT until your goodybag or Gigabag expires.It is possible to top up your airtime credit,and use,pay and go rates until your goodybag or Gigabag has expired.You will be charged at 2 pence per MB,until your goodybag/Gigabag expires.You CAN,however buy your next goodybag or Gigabag,at anytime, but it will not start until,your current one expires,thanks:smileyvery-happy:.
Click onto my Banner and order any FREE sim card with £5 FREE credit.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
If I have helped,Click onto Kudo's or Solution.
farnis

Yes it means youve used your 1GB of data. You can now buy data at 2p per MB until your current goodybag expires. Just remember that unless you use your phone to tether, you will be better off with the £12 goodybag as this has unlimited data.

cicerone
usmahn123

Buy unlimited goodybag
mcilwraith
Topics: 115
Kudos: 6,648
Best Answers: 1,093

you need to top up airtime credit you will get data at2p per mb till your goodybag runs out.then you can buy another

if ive given a best answer.please click the button
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
trevor476
Kudos: 1,100
Best Answers: 488

ritta_popat wrote:

many thanks

Hi ritta_popat, if you have used up your data allowance before your goodybag expires you will need airtime credit to contune to use mobile data until your goodybag expires. It costs 2 p per MB and if you are having difficulty topping up on line buy a voucher from a local shop and top up via your phone. However, you should be able to access the on-line top up page (if nothing else) even without any data allowance left. How are you accessing the forum? If you are using a computer use that to top up if you are having difficulty topping up with your phone.

Please don't forget to come back after your problem has been resolved and select a best answer.
Also consider a kudos [+★] for any member who helped.
Been told to contact an agent? Read this guide on when and how to contact an agent
Click on my badge and send me a private message if you want a sim sent by first class post.