Help & Support

newcomer
stevie24
Best Answer

Deleted google play store app

Ive accidently deleted the app store from my fone...went on to pc and its saying its installed, but it isnt ! Happened last week so ive rebooted many times, still nothing....tried updating other apps from pc and it says will update in a moment, but nothing happens. Went into o2 and the guy said download an apk, but these links are not from google so im worried they are home made, dont wanna download as obviously I dont want to use my bank card details on them when paying for apps.....or am I getting this wrong and they are safe to use ?
tipster
n1emo

Re: Deleted google play store app

Do a Google search on both what to do about recovering the play app, and about the apk app. I'm sure you'll find some good info.
eagle2828
Kudos: 63
Best Answers: 9

[ Edited ]

The apk files of the Google play store will be safe to use. I myself accidentally deleted mine a while back too and i was in the same position. Just download the apk onto your computer, transfer it t your phone and install it. If any updates are needed then they will be installed when you run the app. Everything should then be back to normal :smileyhappy:

http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/11/02/download-latest-google-play-store-3-9-17/

This one should be fine :smileyhappy:

Please accept my answer as a solution if i've been helpful :smileyvery-happy:
Get a free giffgaff Sim
kainnero
Topics: 35
Kudos: 564
Best Answers: 264

did you delete the icon or the whole app itself?  if just the icon, just go to applications and it will be listed there and you just put it back on screen

Accept a solution if your problem was solved to help everyone out
newcomer
stevie24

Google help says they do not offer a copy at this time. And from what ive read online apk files are illegal. I want a real link cos ill be using my bank cards. So now what ?
newcomer
stevie24

Eagle the bit I dont get is if google dont offer this then where are other people getting the link from....surely if they are able to get it then my info goes to them too right ? Or am I just not understanding how it works ?
eagle2828

stevie24 wrote:
Eagle the bit I dont get is if google dont offer this then where are other people getting the link from....surely if they are able to get it then my info goes to them too right ? Or am I just not understanding how it works ?

If google do not offer what?? Online apk files are only illegal if they have to be purchased off the app store. Since the play store is free to download it is not an illegal file. I don't understand what you mean by your info goes to them? You're downloading and installing a file, there is no information used in that.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
eagle2828

stevie24 wrote:
Google help says they do not offer a copy at this time. And from what ive read online apk files are illegal. I want a real link cos ill be using my bank cards. So now what ?

The link i've provided is real and is a genuine copy of the play store. You do not need bank cards or any other personal information as the app is free to download anyway. The only way of downloading the play store app is from a secondary link (e.g: the one i provided) All you have to do is download it and install it and everything will be how it was before you deleted the app.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
newcomer
stevie24

I mean why do I have have to get the file from another source, why doesnt google offer it ? so ill be using an app from a link provided by someone else, therefore when I agree to terms and conditions im giving the someone else these permissions....? Im not a techy as u can tell lol
tutor
stephen1972

surely only way to delete Google play if your phone rooted and via titanium backup???