Help & Support

exemplar
jav_786
Best Answer

Does GG sim work in 02 phone?

Hey guys
Basically I've persuaded my friend to switch to GG but his phone is locked to 02 and he doesn't want to have to pay £20 or so pound to have his phone unlocked and then top-up however much again. So basically will the sim work in an 02 locked phone?
Thanks guys
helping the masses
weeman
Mobile Phone: Oppo Find 7a

Re: Does GG sim work in 02 phone?

steward
angusr

[ Edited ]

It will; GiffGaff use the O2 network.

EDITED BECAUSE I'M AN IDIOT - I read "phone" as "iPhone" for some reason and so assumed that the original poster was talking about an iPhone, but they don't actually say "iPhone" anywhere in the message.

The following is therefore only useful information if it is actually an iPhone - if it isn't, please ignore!!!

However, it's still worthwhile using the opportunity to get the phone unlocked. If he's currently on pay monthly unlocking is free, and if he's on PAYG it's £15 (not £20). Once the unlock has taken place he can then move to _any_ network at all at a future date without having to even ask the question you've asked or mess around with any other unlocking method. It's the only way to get a proper factory unlock.

I'd say it's probably worth the outlay to get that factory unlock - especially if they are on pay monthly right now, as the outlay is zero.

Edited to add: forgot to give the URL, d'oh. http://shop.o2.co.uk/update/unlockmyiphone.html

pioneer
nigelhayman

It will work and your friend will love Giffgaff..... A real bargain in mobile communication with superb customer service. Just do it......no regrets!!!!
dabbler
francisuk

tesco mobile uses the o2 network aswell so you should be good to go :smileytongue:

Get a free giffgaff Sim
expert
frazerclark

Yes, a Giffgaff SIM will work in any o2 phone.

If my post helped, please click the Yellow star below my username. If my post answered your question and it's now sorted, click 'Accept as Solution', this way it will prevent any more duplicate answers from being posted.
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
guide
kiwatche

Im using a locked o2 phone it works with giffgaff
head honcho
sparkybhoy

francisuk wrote:

tesco mobile uses the o2 network aswell so you should be good to go :smileytongue:

Tesco phones still need to be unlocked as they are "double locked" even though they are carried by the O2 network, like 3 (which is the same) and won't work with a giffgaff sim

exemplar
adscan

It should work and no need to unlock the phone.
cheepnetwork
Topics: 355
Kudos: 571
Blog Posts: 0
Ideas: 80
Best Answers: 18

yes becouse giffgaff runs on the o2 network any phone that loked to o2 will work on GG it,s only phnes that are on another network such as
orange were ther is a problem
a href="http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/cheepnetwork" target="_blank">Get a free giffgaff Sim

!st class sims/micro/nano avalible on request please PM