oslingsby
Topics: 178
Kudos: 2,016
Blog Posts: 0
Ideas: 27
Best Answers: 399

Re: Extremely Disappointed Giffgaff

[ Edited ]

Ok, well get a few responses from agents and Craig.

Theyre claiming I used up *more* than 0.7GB (712mb) yet they have yet to provide me with any actual usage figures, when I asked the agents for my actual usage I got back this nice little message.

Response Mark_p17/04/2012 02.29 PM
Hi Oliver,

I am afraid that to take this issue further you will need to raise a formal complaint

This can be done using the following link:

http://support.giffgaff.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/651

As for your data usage from February and March I am afraid that we do not provide bill break downs.

Due to the information you require, we feel this falls under the Data Protection Act 1998 (THE ACT) and subsequently what you're essentially asking for is a Subject Access request.

This costs £10

You can request this through the complaints team when you contact them.

I am sorry I could not help you any further.

Mark @ the giffgaff team
So they wont even tell me how much they believe I have actually used, not sure if its because they simply dont want to or if my usage wasnt that high and they now feel silly or what.
However, the ban was overturned as shown in previous post with a "Final Warning" made.
I know for a fact the period they are talking about I only used the 712mb and the majority of this on a backup app (dropbox for those of you who know it).
Now debating wether to leave GG entirely and use a truly unlimited service as this has completely ruined my faith in GG so far and you all know how much of a GG fanboy I am :smileyhappy: , ohh well was.
EDIT: Spelling and layout.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
oslingsby

Also, how are customers supposed to defend themselves against this when they are unwilling to provide usage figures?
Get a free giffgaff Sim
newcomer
niceguydave2

Wow I am sure there is a mistake some where
Hope it gets resolved
northernnoel
Topics: 27
Kudos: 318
Ideas: 10
Best Answers: 79

Have you sent a response? It seems ridiculous that giffgaff can accuse someone of data misuse but not even back it up with stats.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
augur
rong42

oslingsby wrote:
Also, how are customers supposed to defend themselves against this when they are unwilling to provide usage figures?

@ Craig if you are still reading this thread, any response to this? Is this standard practice for these cases?

novice
leepassking

This issue will surly be stoping a lot of people signing up to giffgaff. The unlimited data is what brings a lot of people to giffgaff myself included, and how can I tell people to sign up with giffgaff knowing they is a risk to them being data banned I don't think It's the amount you download It's the way it is downloaded, they can see what browser your using
craig_t
Topics: 47
Kudos: 702
Best Answers: 21

npople77 wrote:
If I knew all of this I would not of joined. Something is very iffy with there Internet , my brother us on o2 and can get a brilliant 3G signal , there's 2 of us here on giff gaff with crap 3G , we're all in the same room.
Sounds like there throttleing as well!

Hi npople77,

This is absolutely not the case. No throttling of speed is going on whatsoever.

Many thanks,

--craig

-Into The West-

Play League of Legends free
newcomer
pwoodger

This whole episode makes gg look pathetic, and invoking the DPA just has to be the biggest crock of **bleep**e of an excuse for evading a simple request I've ever heard.

@oslingsby - If you do end up switching providers, I might just join you out of solidarity.
craig_t
Topics: 47
Kudos: 702
Best Answers: 21

Good morning,

Spoilered Agent response here to cut post length.

Oslingsby - I'm more than happy to continue to discuss this with you, and look into your total use for February and March - as this is information that goes out in useage statements by email.

The volume isn't the issue, it's the way in which the service was being used that was affecting other users.

If we can't discuss that and understand that together (what triggered this use pattern), then we can't be sure that it won't happen again.

This 712mg figure is incorrect - more than happy to continue to discuss this by PM, as we already have been doing.

Many thanks,

--craig

oslingsby wrote:

Ok, well get a few responses from agents and Craig.

Theyre claiming I used up *more* than 0.7GB (712mb) yet they have yet to provide me with any actual usage figures, when I asked the agents for my actual usage I got back this nice little message.

Spoiler
Response Mark_p17/04/2012 02.29 PM
Hi Oliver,

I am afraid that to take this issue further you will need to raise a formal complaint

This can be done using the following link:

http://support.giffgaff.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/651

As for your data usage from February and March I am afraid that we do not provide bill break downs.

Due to the information you require, we feel this falls under the Data Protection Act 1998 (THE ACT) and subsequently what you're essentially asking for is a Subject Access request.

This costs £10

You can request this through the complaints team when you contact them.

I am sorry I could not help you any further.

Mark @ the giffgaff team
So they wont even tell me how much they believe I have actually used, not sure if its because they simply dont want to or if my usage wasnt that high and they now feel silly or what.
However, the ban was overturned as shown in previous post with a "Final Warning" made.
I know for a fact the period they are talking about I only used the 712mb and the majority of this on a backup app (dropbox for those of you who know it).
Now debating wether to leave GG entirely and use a truly unlimited service as this has completely ruined my faith in GG so far and you all know how much of a GG fanboy I am :smileyhappy: , ohh well was.
EDIT: Spelling and layout.

-Into The West-

Play League of Legends free
oslingsby

Sorry peeps but I'm being silenced on the issue in public.

Yet my original statements stand, I know for a fact 71Xmb (doubting myself if it said 712 or 714mb now) was shown on the iPhone prior to the ban yet according to the network I have used more, don't know how or why but it just seems odd the agents wouldn't back themselves up with usage data details.

Over and out.
Get a free giffgaff Sim