Help & Support

newcomer
nnyanev1
Best Answer

Free 5 pound credit?

Hello!

I have just arrived at my university accomodation and I found in my room a giffgaff sim card with a 5 pound free credit. My question is how to activate it? I have gone to the website and the activaion page but there I have to buy a goodybag. Can't I just activate the free credit and perhaps later get a goodybag?

Thank you in advance!

lnb1996
Topics: 24
Kudos: 1,536
Best Answers: 805

Re: Free 5 pound credit?

If the Sim was ordered from the main giffgaff page, there will be no £5 credit bonus.

If it was ordered through the affiliate links (someone's banner or Spread giffgaff page) then an extra £5 credit is applied to your account within 24 hours of you topping up by £10 to activate the new Sim.

If it isn't given, contact an Agent to have it sorted out: https://giffgaff.com/support/ask

Be aware it can take up to 24 hours for a reply, so please be patient.

Please don't forget to Kudo if my post is helpful or mark as Best Answer if appropriate, thanks.
To get a free sim with £5 credit, click on the link below or if it's more urgent, send me a PM.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
goldenmicro23
Topics: 30
Kudos: 9
Best Answers: 2

you will need to buy a o2 topup voucher with a minimum top up of £10 hope this helps
Get a free giffgaff Sim
mathew40
Topics: 110
Kudos: 6,255
Blog Posts: 0
Ideas: 0
Best Answers: 3,592

Hi there.
You have to activate your sim first,to get the £5 free credit.
Please take the time to check out a great guide,by clicking onto the link below,thankyou.

http://giffgaff.com/join-giffgaff
Click onto my Banner and order any FREE sim card with £5 credit.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
If I have helped,Click onto Kudo's or Solution.
anne1963
Topics: 10
Kudos: 256
Best Answers: 32

You have to put a tenner on (or buy a £10 goodybag) to get the free fiver.... Other wise you could just get a load of sims and just keep using the free fivers.......

professor
solubility

nnyanev1 wrote:

Can't I just activate the free credit and perhaps later get a goodybag?

Unfortunately not, you need to activate the sim which requires a minimum top up of £10. The free £5 will be added to this balance giving you £15 credit.

The way you suggest would leave the system open to abuse, and will lead to a loss for giffgaff!

All the best.

newcomer
suhailahmed03

the annoying thing is that there isnt really a way for us to activate this £5 credit because ive activated many sims for many people and it never seems to let me do it either. ive tried so many different things but the annoying thing is that we have to top up another £10 before we actually can get the £5 credit first. they should just let us get the credit first and then allow us to top up if we want to or not.

newcomer
suhailahmed03

tried this, it didnt work. 

never got my five pound free credit off giffgaff and ive been on giffgaff since 2012

they need to fix this.