Help & Support

student
newlife1

GIFFGAFF MOBILE PHONES

My husband received an email from Giffgaff announcing they are now selling mobile phones.  We were delighted.  BUT............ going on Giffgaff on internet explorer we were upset to see that these phones are not even new, in fact they have to be bid for on ebay of all places.  Having bid for two I am fed up with being outbid.  I was expecting to contact Giffgaff and purchase a phone.  The phones on ebay are mostly used, and they are few and far between. I saw about 3 or 4 smartphones, the rest were old style phones which nobody would really want to purchase.  Iam disappointed, especially as I have to bid for a phone which I thought I could buy outright.  Then ones you can purchase outright are so expensive I would not even consider buying them, even though they are cheaper than normal price.

endorphin
Kudos: 7,918
Best Answers: 5,917

Re: GIFFGAFF MOBILE PHONES

Giffgaff have not yet started selling phones, although they plan to do so very soon. When they do there will be a selection of new and reconditioned phones I believe.

What did you search for on ebay?
Get a free giffgaff SIM/microSIM/nanoSIM with free £5 credit
veede

Any phones being sold on ebay are likely to be O2 locked and not being sold by giffgaff themselves. However, giffgaff may be selling handsets later on in the year.
If your problem has been solved, please remember to mark the best answer!
Get a free giffgaff Sim
rqt
Topics: 2
Kudos: 447
Best Answers: 129

I don't know what you've been looking at but I don't think it's anything to do with giffgaff. As far as I know giffgaff are not yet selling phones & if they do it will be through this site not ebay.

student
newlife1

If Giffgaff are not selling phones why did my husband receive email to that effect?  Also the phones being sold on ebay state that they are unlocked to Giffgaff.

endorphin
Kudos: 7,918
Best Answers: 5,917

[ Edited ]

Can you copy the email here for us to look at please (but delete any of your personal details from it)?

Get a free giffgaff SIM/microSIM/nanoSIM with free £5 credit
tipster
annisa195

This shouldn't have been posted under this thread!
veede

Perhaps the email you received was announcing giffgaff's intention of selling phones in the near future. Giffgaff does not sell phones at the moment.
If your problem has been solved, please remember to mark the best answer!
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Topics: 135
Kudos: 353
Blog Posts: 0
Ideas: 7
Best Answers: 9

Giffgaff havn't started selling them yet, you might have just been told they will, and on ebay you might have been looking at 02 phone and they might have put that to draw more search results
Life's to short to be Grumpy
student
newlife1

Why shouldn't have this been posted under this thread? I started this thread so its a new thread