Help & Support

richardski
Topics: 7
Kudos: 2,308
Best Answers: 17

Re: Giffgaff NOT truly UNLIMITED?

Good point "run by the customers" :smileyhappy: Well lets have a bit of that action!

Richard

Get a free giffgaff Sim
helper
nafisah97

LOL seriously?
aspirant
greenfrogman

paddy_o_furniture wrote:

matt1111 wrote:

kennylancs wrote:
There are reasons giffgaff won't inform us of the usage limits...

And those reasons are? What would they gain from not informing us? Well I know, an angry customer. 

They claim that having a FUP or limit would force end users to use more data, as you've paid for "x" amount so I'll use that.

Which is to put it bluntly is camel dung, I use less than 50 mins for my 250 every month and I must send <100 texts (mostly to my missus who is also on GG).

This report claims that the 49% of smartphone user uses less ( http://www.billmonitor.com/billmonitor-smartphone-data-report ) than 100mb per month.

thing is most of them bill they had got do not know how to use an smartphone so 100mb or less would be expected (email, game downloads maybe browser and background smartphone stuff, my dad and mum is one of them)

Please mark the correct answer so users can find them later on

Greenfrog Computers
Click here to Order your free Giffgaff sim Giffgaff From £12 an month (Unlimited web use only)
matt1111
Topics: 153
Kudos: 1,214
Best Answers: 156

greenfrogman wrote:

paddy_o_furniture wrote:

matt1111 wrote:

kennylancs wrote:

And those reasons are? What would they gain from not informing us? Well I know, an angry customer. 

They claim that having a FUP or limit would force end users to use more data, as you've paid for "x" amount so I'll use that.

Which is to put it bluntly is camel dung, I use less than 50 mins for my 250 every month and I must send <100 texts (mostly to my missus who is also on GG).

This report claims that the 49% of smartphone user uses less ( http://www.billmonitor.com/billmonitor-smartphone-data-report ) than 100mb per month.

Well maybe if people didn't hammer the network CONSTANTLY then they wouldn't need to, but as there are some brain dead members you're forcing them to do it. If this was on o2 would you treat them the same way!??

Either you learn the rules properly, or you'll get banned, and I for one want the abusers to just leave! 

You think it's funny upsetting the network? Hehe, try laughing when you get banned! 

Just because giffgaff has a problem doesn't mean everyone else is...
Follow me on twitter: @iMattDroid93. Say hello or if you want to have a chat then by all means :smileyhappy:
XBL: Fartmonster93
enigma
mgb2

@citygas

is this a direct quote from the agents?

"You where banded(?) because you did breach (not breached?) our terms of and conditions otherwise we would not have banded(?) you, it is not how much Internet you use it is the amount of Internet you using at a period of time."    

Is it just me, or is this flippin gobbledegook???

cos it sounds like it was spoken in Martian & translated into English via a Russian interpretor who hasn't passed the English exam!!!

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
be nice, kudos where due, solution if earnt
contributor
paddy_o_furniture

matt1111 wrote:

greenfrogman wrote:

paddy_o_furniture wrote:

matt1111 wrote:

kennylancs wrote:

Well maybe if people didn't hammer the network CONSTANTLY then they wouldn't need to, but as there are some brain dead members you're forcing them to do it. If this was on o2 would you treat them the same way!??

Either you learn the rules properly, or you'll get banned, and I for one want the abusers to just leave! 

You think it's funny upsetting the network? Hehe, try laughing when you get banned! 

What are you on about?  

The moment I get a data barr I'll be leaving and arriving somewhere between 2 and 4. But I can't see me getting a data bar, I don't consume masses of data, I use wifi when in the house (and my phone roams to the cloud when in an area).

However I should not have to take these precautions as giffgaff market themselves as an unlimited provider.  You seem to shout hard about data use, what is your average data use in a month?  Are you gonna be one of the ones that cry when giffgaff do the right thing and ditch the claim of unlimited internet and introduce a FUP.

paultheball
Kudos: 3,927
Best Answers: 3,047

@mgb2, the agents are not that literate, the OP might be accurate!B-)

Feel free to award Kudos to posts that helped you
and BEST ANSWER to the post that solved it :-)
Get a free giffgaff Sim
richardski
Topics: 7
Kudos: 2,308
Best Answers: 17

Follow the money and see who has the most to loose.  Those protesting against a FUP are most likely the ones who will get to use a whole lot less "free" Internet data so have the most to use to loose.

A FUP will not affect the 99% reasonable users but will secure the future of the service for the benefit of all.

Richard

Get a free giffgaff Sim
matt1111
Topics: 153
Kudos: 1,214
Best Answers: 156

richardski wrote:

Follow the money and see who has the most to loose.  Those protesting against a FUP are most likely the ones who will get to use a whole lot less "free" Internet data so have the most to use to loose.

A FUP will not affect the 99% reasonable users but will secure the future of the service for the benefit of all.

Richard

Rubbish! I don't use a lot of data and you're statement stands on the edge of a knife. I don't want an FUP because I came here to get a good deal, and that deal I have is what I need. It's those wanting an FUP are those abusing the network...go figure...

Just because giffgaff has a problem doesn't mean everyone else is...
Follow me on twitter: @iMattDroid93. Say hello or if you want to have a chat then by all means :smileyhappy:
XBL: Fartmonster93
newcomer
carina1295

ive seen this as a common complaint with several people, but its quite obvious that no provider can ever be FULLY unlimited otherwise it would be open to abuse!

unlimited always (in terms of mobile providers) means to a reasonable amount so as it isnt exploited by people using it for business ventures!