Help & Support

newcomer
billyknoxx
Best Answer

Gigabag top up problem

Hi, so I goined giffgaff last week and got a £10 goodybag. A couple of days later I realised I needed a gigabag to tether my phone to my laptop, so I got a £5 gigabag...only to find that for some reason it apparantly wont go live until next month! I've asked an agent about the problem, but have had no response for 2 days, so.. Please help!! Have I done something wrong or what?

Kudos: 547
Best Answers: 393

Re: Gigabag top up problem

You can't have two bags live at the same time. You will have to wait for the current one to finish before the gigabag goes live as there is no way to stop a goodybag early

KUDOS those who helped & 'ACCEPT AS SOLUTION' for those who answered your question :smileyvery-happy:
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
wman2
Topics: 206
Kudos: 2,648
Best Answers: 1,173

When you already have a live bag, buying another one will cause it to start after your current one ends, it says that when you buy it. You will have to wait for your current one to expire.
Get a FREE giffgaff SIM or MICRO SIM with £5 FREE CREDIT included! Click Here!
alant

billyknoxx wrote:

Hi, so I goined giffgaff last week and got a £10 goodybag. A couple of days later I realised I needed a gigabag to tether my phone to my laptop, so I got a £5 gigabag...only to find that for some reason it apparantly wont go live until next month! I've asked an agent about the problem, but have had no response for 2 days, so.. Please help!! Have I done something wrong or what?

It's not a problem... you can only have one goodybag activa at any one time. The current £10 one will last for a month and the £5 gigabag will kick in for the next month. You cannot have goodybag and gigabag at th esame time on the same SIM.

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
newcomer
billyknoxx

Seriously? That's ridiculous! The option was to get a gigabag sim or add it to my phone for tethering, so surely they can't expect me to have a phone for tethering purposes only?

bluemoonbaz

thats cos you cant run 2 at the same time have to wait until one runs.out .or get another sim for your gigabag
Get a free giffgaff Sim

http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Submit-Great-giffgaff-Ideas/blackberry-addon-fix-please-support/idi-p/3357539

tiptoeee96
Kudos: 376
Best Answers: 129

You can't have a goodybag and gigabag active at the same time or your data allowances would get mixed up.

You need 2 sims if you want both active at the same time: 1 for goodybags, 1 for gigabags. You can only have 1 sim per account though, so you'd need another account.
motivator
hosaam123

You cant have to live bags at the same time.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
tiptoeee96
Kudos: 376
Best Answers: 129

No, but some people use them in dongles and iPads - so they need a data only package.
newcomer
billyknoxx

Is there anyway I can cancel the gigabag then, because I can't have no calling credit for a month once it goes live..