Help & Support

newcomer
tonyhaylor
Best Answer

Help! - Can't access the internet on my android 2.2 phone browser - but its fine on wifi?

Hi, Can anyone help with this problem. 

Can't access the internet on my android 2.2 phone browser - but its fine on wifi? Also I'm getting emails and weather updates and can use the phone as a wifi hotspot for my laptop so I must be getting out to the web somehow.  I've got a £10 goodybag live,  I've checked the settings on my phone witht he ones in the help section & everything checks out.

Also, when we had unlimited free internet couple of months back the browser was working with it no problem??

Loving giffgaff so far but this is the first time I've actually paid for internet and its not working!  v.frustrating!

thesaint
Topics: 187

Re: Help! - Can't access the internet on my android 2.2 phone browser - but its fine on wifi?

Download the giffgaff app from market or manually http://bit.ly/giffgaffandroid

Kudos: 5,193
Best Answers: 578

Re: Help! - Can't access the internet on my android 2.2 phone browser - but its fine on wifi?

download and run giffgaff apn app from marketplace using wifi - select option 2
guide
richy99

so it worked on free intenet but not now? does it show a data signal of G/E/3G/H ?

These are my own personal opinions and do not necessarily reflect that of Giffgaff and their employees
exemplar
martyjw

As richy99 says, it should display at the top of your screen next to your signal strength
academic
mrtopp

It sounds possible that you might have turned off mobile data when free Internet stopped, to avoid PAYG charges.: Check that data services are enabled.

A second possibility is that a physical fault has developed in your phone: Pop a friend's SIM in your phone (someone with web access on their account). Does it connect to the Internet on another network? If you have a friend on giffgaff, will your phone connect to giffgaff on antoher account?

If your phone will connect to the internet, but not with giffgaff, you have an APN problem -- use the advice above.

If your phone will only connect on WiFi, you have a broken phone. It needs to be repaired or replaced.

If your phone will connect in every case EXCEPT with your own SIM, contact an agent as the problem is with your SIM and/or your account. There could be an internet bar, or your SIM could require reprovisioning (or replacement).

newcomer
tonyhaylor

great advice from everyone- esp the "use a different giffgaff sim idea" - I'll try my wife's sim in my phone.  Thanks again,  mrtopp.  d;0)

allan1954
Topics: 281
Kudos: 1,642
Best Answers: 364

try 2020 first if that does not work use wifi dowload gg app from the market place.
Get a free giffgaff Sim