Help & Support

newcomer
rubenowitz

How is giffgaff so cheap????

[ Edited ]

Honestly, how is giffgaff so dam cheap? I just moved to the uk from the states, and i was fortunate enough to stumble upon giffgaff. I had what i thought was an awesome plan in the states. For $30/month (about £19), i got 500 anytime minutes, unlimited texting and data, and free night and weekend calling starting at 19:00. This was with sprint, and required a 2 year contract. The thing is, this was a legacy plan that is no longer available, and now the plan is unbelievable within the states. Most people pay around $70 ( ~£44) for an unlimited plan these days. So my question is... How the f is giffgaff so **bleep** cheap? the plan i had in the states was quite a bit faster for data, i must admit. Is it possible to use a 3G network with giffgaff, or is that part of the catch?

matt1111
Topics: 154
Kudos: 1,232
Best Answers: 157

[ Edited ]

rubenowitz wrote:
Honestly, how is giffgaff so dam cheap? I just moved to the uk from the states, and i was fortunate enough to stumble upon giffgaff. I had what i thought was an awesome plan in the states. For $30/month (about £19), i got 500 anytime minutes, unlimited texting and data, and free night and weekend calling starting at 19:00. This was with sprint, and required a 2 year contract. The thing is, this was a legacy plan that is no longer available, and now the plan is unbelievable within the states. Most people pay around $70 ( ~£44) for an unlimited plan these days. So my question is... How the f is giffgaff so **bleep** cheap? the plan i had in the states was quite a bit faster for data, i must admit. Is it possible to use a 3G network with giffgaff, or is that part of the catch?

Easy, no call centres, minimal advertising (all done online). 

Just because giffgaff has a problem doesn't mean everyone else is...
Follow me on twitter: @iMattDroid93. Say hello or if you want to have a chat then by all means :smileyhappy:
XBL: Fartmonster93
Topics: 79
Kudos: 289
Ideas: 54
Best Answers: 136

[ Edited ]

they have little outgoings so they pass the savings on to us they have no call centres etc we and agents are all the help you get

usmanozzy786
Topics: 1,060
Kudos: 1,735
Blog Posts: 0
Ideas: 82
Best Answers: 607

[ Edited ]

I have no idea where terrorism comes from gg is cheap thats whys its gettings more customers

Get a free giffgaff Sim
graduate
stueeey

[ Edited ]

Because there are no call centres and stuff like that they are saving money by us lot helping out with people's problems.

morvin

[ Edited ]

No call centers, No stores....All the support is online.

They save massively on that.

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Please give 'KUDOS' if you like my post. If my answer helped then please click 'Accept as Solution'
oldyorkie
Mobile Phone: Nexus 5 32gb.

[ Edited ]

giffgaff does run on 3g ...where available ... but also 2g if it's not

use this coverage checker to see availability in your area ... it's o2 ..but then that's what giffgaff runs on..

http://status.o2.co.uk/

To Read is To Learn - go on - give it a try :smileywink:
Teamwork is essential - it gives the enemy someone else to shoot at :smileytongue:

Get a free giffgaff Simsignature 1.jpg
huzy1
Topics: 10
Kudos: 13

[ Edited ]

Because it is run by awesome people like us.

No call centres, no bid g advertising campaigns, no big overheads just a loyal set of customers willing to chip in and help.

Giffgaff is amazing...

counsellor
apjenno

[ Edited ]

No call centres, no shops, so we get a cheaper deal, bonus!

kausar
Topics: 39
Kudos: 170
Best Answers: 26

[ Edited ]

Simplicity is the magic that works behind giffgaff..

Get a free giffgaff Sim