Help & Support

novice
gerardm
Best Answer

How much is "unlimited Internet"? More than 2 gb? Will it stop at some point?

Hi, how much is "unlimited internet"? How much usage (GB/MB) would I get if I bought the £10 goodybag which comes with unlimited internet. Would I definitely be sure that no matter how much I use, I wouldn't get any charges? (from credit)

Thanks!!

scholar
iftekharsubhan

Re: How much is "unlimited Internet"? More than 2 gb? Will it stop at some point?

fair usage
Get a free giffgaff Sim
midgedog

Re: How much is "unlimited Internet"? More than 2 gb? Will it stop at some point?

It is unlimited. Normal usage (no tethering without a gigabag,) and you'll be fine. :-)

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Please give kudos if you like someone's post, & Accept as Solution if they solved your problem!
1992chris
Topics: 32
Kudos: 332
Best Answers: 54

its unlimited we cant tell you an amount just dont tether and your within your rights
Get a free Giffgaff Sim

Click on the banner to order your free Sim with an extra £5 credit!
sam1128
Kudos: 3,170
Best Answers: 2,527

Well there is no guidelines what usage is right usage !

This is what giffgaff has to say !

5.13. In addition to our standard terms and conditions, all usage must be for your private, personal and non-commercial purposes. You may not use your SIM Card:
a) In, or connected to, any other device including modems, dongles or any other way to connect to a PC (unless you are on a gigabag plan)
b) fraudulently;
c) in such a way that adversely impacts the service to other giffgaff customers; or illegally

Thanks !
Get a free giffgaff Sim

matt1111
Topics: 154
Kudos: 1,219
Best Answers: 157

The internet is unlimited, provided you do not tether on a goodybag. 

If you need to tether then get a gigabag. 

Just because giffgaff has a problem doesn't mean everyone else is...
Follow me on twitter: @iMattDroid93. Say hello or if you want to have a chat then by all means :smileyhappy:
XBL: Fartmonster93
gaffout
Kudos: 1,885
Best Answers: 1,380

The full info...

Unlimited data

Yes we really mean unlimited. Unlike the major mobile providers, we don't enforce any sort of cap, limit or fair use policy. You can send as many texts as you wish and use as much internet as you want. The only thing we ask is you don't use your phone to connect a laptop or any other device to the internet as this is against the terms of use for goodybags with unlimited internet.

If you use the service for something we term as abuse i.e tethering, giffgaff have the right to disconnect data from the SIM to protect the service and others.

11. In addition to our standard terms and conditions, all usage must be for your private, personal and non-commercial purposes. You may not use your SIM Card:

a) In or connected to any other device including modems, dongles or any other way to connect to a PC (unless you are on a gigabag plan);
b) fraudulently;
c) in such a way that adversely impacts the service to other giffgaff customers; 
d) illegally.

If giffgaff reasonably suspects you are not acting in accordance with this clause, giffgaff reserves the right to impose standard browsing charges, impose network protection controls which may reduce your speed of transmission, remove the goodybag from your account or disconnect your tariff at any time, having attempted to contact you first.

12. Goodybag data browsing is for mobile internet use only. All allowances are for UK use only.

Please remember to choose a 'BEST ANSWER' Where you received one & give a little KUDOS to those who helped :-)

Get a free giffgaff Sim
lmills
Topics: 26
Kudos: 1,337
Best Answers: 1,166

Its unlimited but you cant tether or stream excessively. Although its not official you should be ok using up to 1Gb per hour
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
ingasop
Topics: 9
Kudos: 241
Blog Posts: 0
Ideas: 1
Best Answers: 78

> 1GB per hour seems to be the level that trips the ban.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Thank you for flying with giffgaff support. How may we not read your original post and which of our generic replies shall we copy and paste in today? :smileyhappy:
denius
Topics: 2
Kudos: 99
Best Answers: 64

Unlimited is unlimited, you just can't tether.

Get a free giffgaff Sim