Help & Support

newcomer
pavelexpertov

How to make memory card default for samsung galaxy s3 so media files go to it.

Basically, I have inserted my 32 gig external memory card into phone so I can put all my media and apps in it, but samsung s3 doesnt allow me to move apps to sd card though. However, what annoys me is the fact that the phone recognises the extarnal memory card but it doesn't send media files to it when I use syncing apps like Ubuntu one to download stuff for the phone. Did anyone work out the way to make the external card a default storage for the phone thanx.

ajenno
Kudos: 479
Best Answers: 353

Re: How to make memory card default for samsung galaxy s3 so media files go to it.

Off topic
Order a FREE giffgaff sim with £5 FREE credit click on the banner below
Get a free giffgaff Sim
newcomer
will1b

Re: How to make memory card default for samsung galaxy s3 so media files go to it.

ajenno wrote:
Off topic

Not really, in the board description it says "Have a problem with your service or phone?"

Also, if you're using Kies I'm not sure. For media files on my S3 I've always just drag'n'dropped straight onto the SD card when it's plugged in. Have a poke around in the settings for Kies.

harrybee1980
Topics: 27
Kudos: 1,624
Best Answers: 1,969

It's just like rush hour traffic or everybody walking into a bar or a restaurant at the same time. How can you cope?
Get a free giffgaff Sim
usmaan21
Topics: 12
Kudos: 58
Best Answers: 22

Connect your memory card to a computer and then format it then it should be fine
akhanom
Topics: 40
Kudos: 245
Blog Posts: 0
Ideas: 1
Best Answers: 52

Connect it to the computer
Get a free giffgaff Sim
newcomer
will1b

Sorry about my assumptions in the last post, usually people use Kies or whatever.

Moving apps to SD isn't desperate with the S3 as the internal memory is plenty (I had a 4GB partition mounted on my old HTC desire with CM7.2 and I couldn't fill it). If you really want App2SD, you can get a custom ROM but that voids warranty and stuff (But there's no proof left)

For media, to avoid the problem of having it throw everything on internal memory, just plug it into your PC and selectively move files on. Requires some effort but you only put on the things you really want on your phone. Anything else (eg. collaborative projects), you can just sync onto internal as there's plenty of space on there.

chaosuk44
Topics: 10
Kudos: 346
Best Answers: 142

This might help you:

http://www.techsliver.com/how-to-transfer-apps-games-from-internal-memory-to-external-memory-on-sams...

Remember to Accept solutions to problems (When you find the right one)
Give Kudos to those who deserve it :smileyhappy:
Get a free giffgaff Sim
sullyman524
Topics: 163
Kudos: 623
Best Answers: 164

there should be an option on the compute rsoftware, but this is really off topic
Have I helped? If yes, please give me KUDOS, this is to the left of the post underneath my name.If I have solved your problem or answered your question, please click accept as solution on my post
Get a free giffgaff Sim
exemplar
pascal94

sorry this needs to put in the off topic board
Get a free giffgaff Sim