Help & Support

dalan
Topics: 117
Kudos: 5,678
Best Answers: 4,037

Re: How to unlock a Samsung Galaxy S4 mini?

Should be the same. Yes.
If I helped click ''solutions and kudos'' thanks.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Click Banner Above For A Free Sim Or Micro Sim With £5 Credit.
academic
mrmartyn1984

I it says not Everything Everywhere, but what about of the phone says its on Orange network? Will it work or is it still basically EE?
trainee
kamran_3

Take ur to your local phone shop
Get a free giffgaff Sim
bruno00
Topics: 21
Kudos: 363
Best Answers: 192

Orange and EE it's basically the same company.
rookie
samsungasong

[ Edited ]

Due to the crazy amount of phone thefts, unlocks aren't as simple and certainly not as cheap as they used to be.. some phones are a lot more than the £20 odd that someone quoted. If you don't know what you are doing, i'd be careful trying DIY unlocks as some have suggested

EE is orange and T-mobile merged together under 1 roof

Get a free giffgaff Sim

Please give kudos/best answer if this helped you
rookie
samsungasong

older phones may still say orange, like they often sayO2 with giffgaff

Get a free giffgaff Sim

Please give kudos/best answer if this helped you
bruno00
Topics: 21
Kudos: 363
Best Answers: 192

samsungasong wrote:

Due to the crazy amount of phone thefts, unlocks aren't as simple and certainly not as cheap as they used to be.. some phones are a lot more than the £20 odd that someone quoted. If you don't know what you are doing, i'd be careful trying DIY unlocks as some have suggested

EE is orange and T-mobile merged together under 1 roof

There is no difference in price if you are unlocking your device via network providers. Iphone/ Nokia/Samsung etc will cost you £20.42 not more. Each network provider has his own rules and own admin fee. (although EE is the highest one)  Phone shop divides prices as, like you mention, it is now more difficult to unlock some mobiles (vide Nokia with simlock SL3 or Iphones with official unlock via Apple server) that others . UNLOCKING YOUR PHONE

Hello,
In case you didn’t know, your EE, Orange or T-Mobile phone can be used only on our superfast network. If you’d like to use a SIM from another network in your phone, then you just need to get it unlocked first.

Don’t worry - it’s not that hard to get your phone unlocked. Here’s how:

• You must be one of our customers and have had your handset registered with us for at least six months.
  • The IMEI must not be blacklisted. The IMEI number is a unique identifier for your phone. We work with a national database that records the details of all reported lost and stolen phones. This helps to stop lost and stolen phones being used on any UK Network and makes your phone more secure.
  • If you are a pay monthly customer, you should have no outstanding balance. That means that your account needs to be up to date, with nothing owing. 

HERE’S WHAT HAPPENS NEXT

It takes up to 20 days to unlock a phone and it costs £20.42, including VAT.  If you are a pay monthly customer, this will be added to your next bill, but if you are a pay as you go customer, you’ll need to make sure that you have a credit balance of £21 or more for the next 10 days. This is so that the £20.42 can be deducted from your balance.

REPLACEMENT PHONES

If you have had your phone replaced by your own insurer (or by Apple under the Apple warranty), we can still unlock your phone but you will need to send us proof that you’ve replaced it. 

To do this, email an insurer's letter, along with your account and phone numbers to: unlocking.requests@ee.co.uk. This is for all manufacturers, apart from Apple. For iPhones, please send either the insurer's letter or the Apple Store invoice/receipt that you were given when the phone was replaced to: EMT.Proofs@ee.co.uk

here you can find unlock form you need to fill in if you want to use EE service

minadequate
Topics: 4
Kudos: 23
Best Answers: 13

I know the others have probably given you all the relevant info on this topic but if you are worried about the unlocking process etc Giffgaff has an area which might help called the Unlockopedia... http://giffgaff.com/unlock. Hopefully will provide reliable and trustworthy information to alay your fears.

I hope this helped :smileyhappy:. Kind regards

Minadequate

If this has been useful please please give Kudos, and if its helped enough to fix your problem apply best answer! :smileyhappy:
academic
mrmartyn1984

Thought i'd post an update on this one...

Friend was round this morning and we put a giffgaff sim in her phone and it just worked.... No unlock needed?

Can't explain that one, but obviously her phone was already unlocked.

Anyway, she's a happy giffgaffer now 😃
newcomer
suneala

i prefer safeunlockcode.com, the unlock code's and their service is totally worth it. I have used it a couple of times and have not had any troubles so far.