Help & Support

newcomer
brasco03
Best Answer

How to unlock my iphone 4 on a T-mobile network to use with giff gaff

I have tried virious methods to unlock its network and none have worked,does anyone know or a comfirmed way to unlock the iphone 4 so I can use it with giff gaff

My modem firmware is one that might not be able to be unlocked via a jailbreak and have tried before can anyone sugguest anything?

Awaiting help

Brasco:smileyhappy:

chubuking
Topics: 322
Kudos: 831
Best Answers: 127

Re: How to unlock my iphone 4 on a T-mobile network to use with giff gaff

you cannot unlock via jailbreak but i recommend you use a gevey sim off ebay instead

for a micro sim go to http://apps.giffgaff.com/microgaff/directrequest.php?r=chubuking

i always try to give to correct answer so please kudos and accept as solution when i do
andylamb
Kudos: 1,985
Best Answers: 840

[ Edited ]

It seems a bit obvious,. but have you tried T-Mobile themselves? They might do it for a fee.

They says this on their site:

Have you put another network's SIM card into a T-Mobile phone?

You'll need a subsidy PIN to unlock the phone. To obtain a subsidy PIN, or if you've entered an incorrect subsidy PIN, please call us on 0845 412 5000.

Apparently they charge £15.

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
graduate
ya_2011

Hi. Restore the software to 4.2.1 then jailbkreak it by going on Safari from your phone and go on www.jailbreakme.com and swipe it to jailbreak the phone. Then order a sim from giffgaff or one that some members post up so you can order it from them directly and its cut for you.

Click the yellow star under somebodys name if they helped!

Click the banner below to get a Giffgaff Sim with £5 credit!

Get a free giffgaff Sim
agmeee
Topics: 169
Kudos: 441

A suggested above, T-mobile might do it - not sure if they can while it's jailbroken though. Call them. Maybe there's a Cydia app or something? I wouldn't know, I don't jailbreak :smileywink:
Get a free giffgaff SimPossumGet a free giffgaff Sim
cicerone
derms

I would first check with t-mobile like others have said :smileyhappy: also remember you will need a micro-sim if you are using An iphone 4
Get a free Giffgaff Sim

mojohaza1
Topics: 20
Kudos: 182
Best Answers: 55

I think it is safest to get your old provider to unlock it, even if it costs more.
andylamb
Kudos: 1,985
Best Answers: 840

agmeee wrote:
A suggested above, T-mobile might do it - not sure if they can while it's jailbroken though. Call them. Maybe there's a Cydia app or something? I wouldn't know, I don't jailbreak :smileywink:

If there was any problem unlocking because of it being jailbroken then the trick would be to plug it back into iTunes and get it updated and unjailbroken, get T-Mobile to unlock it, then jailbreak again.

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
subasht
Topics: 21
Kudos: 260
Ideas: 5
Best Answers: 18

yeah best to contact t-mobile mate!!!
rudedog

JailbreakMe via Safari only works on iOS 4.0.1 or below I'm afraid. Plus you need shsh blobs saved to downgrade iOS. Best mentioned advise is as above, to approach Tmobile, who can carry out an official unlock. This won't void you warranty either :smileyhappy:
Reach for the stars if anyone has helped you :smileywink: Also Accept the best Solution :smileyhappy:
Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Copy this code to your website to display this banner!
Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Make your own banner at MyBannerMaker.com!