Help & Support

newcomer
lanre

I can't make or receive Calls and Text (£10 goody bag still active)

[ Edited ]

I am not a new giffgaff user. This problem started yesterday afternoon (14:32) after I received settings for giffgaff WAP and giffgaff MMS. Now I cant' make or receive calls or test. I have taken the battery and sim out a few times. I have excellent reception and giffgaff is displayed on phone. I'm not using a smartphone. Thanks for the assistance in advance.

UPDATE.

Thank you all for all your advice. But I think the reason may be something silly. When I type in 

goodybag balance

*100*7#

I get "not active"

Which got me thinking I may have accidentally mixed up my sim with the new one I gave my brother yesterday when I was at his. Until I can get him on the phone to confirm if that is the case, I cant know for sure. I remember he was looking for his sim soon after he broke it of from its holder. I was swapping sims around that time and somewhat fatigued, so could have been that scenario. 

Will keep you all updated and let you know what happened. And will give Kudos or best solution, whichever may be the appropriate case. Thank you all.

UPDATE_2 CONFIRMATION.

Thanks all for your help. I can confirm that I made a mistake and mixed up my sim with an unregistered one. My Bad. Sorry if I wasted anyone's time.

graduate
daniellambert

Re: I can't make or receive Calls and Text (£10 goody bag still active)

Can you try the SIM in another phone 

(other phone needs to be an O2 one or unlocked) 

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
heavy hitter
adnanasim80

Check network status here
http://status.o2.co.uk/

head honcho
pitney

Reput ur settings in by hand as i dont think they were saved to your phone.
Or text settings to 2020 and when ur settings come threw press the save button on your phone.
adept
ayesha_uk23

Hey try contacting an agent?
Posted from Facebook
autodriveuk
Topics: 77
Kudos: 704
Best Answers: 218

Usually you only get sent wap settings when a new sim is introduced to a phone, has this been the case? maybe the phone is using the previous sims settings.

Get a free giffgaff Sim

Kudos me or accept as solution if you're happy with my answer. ;-)
random112
Topics: 6
Kudos: 109
Best Answers: 26

I have no idea why and havent heard this before, however it does sound odd it happening after they sent you the new settings.
On your phone I suggest you go into the menu and lok for the settings and then delete them all. They should only handle your data and mms, so souldnt affect voice or normal text, but delete them. Switch your phone off for 5 mins and then back on (it is important that it dissapears from the network and then joins again and gets a new lock on the network hence the wait).
Try voice and text. It may work. To get settings back text 'settings' to 2020 or install them manually.
If this doesnt work then it sounds to me like you will have to ask an agent to reprovission your sim (i.e. when they did the settings change they have broken something at their end).
If you get stuck on your phone, let us know what make and model it is.
newcomer
lanre

Yes I am always swapping around sims daily in my phone and never had a problem before. I think when the settings was sent, my inbox was full and the message did not come through. Even after deleting some messages to make space.
newcomer
lanre

sending settings to 2020 results in "sending failed"